Electronic Science and Technology for Overseas Undergraduates Delivered in English
The major of electronic science and technology in Xidian University is established as a first-level national key discipline, which stands cutting-edge among Chinese universities for years. In the 4th round of the national assessment of first-level disciplines in 2017, it ranked at the first place with an assessment result of A+ level. The major of engineering in Xidian has also been listed in the top 1‰ of ESI.
In this program, all courses will be delivered in English expect languages, and dissertations and oral defenses are also required to be presented in English.
This program is designed and carried out to develop high-level talents who appreciate and respect folk customs, laws and relevant regulations of China, and promote the cooperation and communications between China and their residing countries. Equipped with sufficient fundamental theories of electronic information engineering, and basic skills and systematic knowledge of this profession, they are supposed to be qualified for the management, scientific research and educational activities in this field.
- Mathematical: Stochastic Process, Matrix Theory;
- Signal and Information Processing-based: Digital Signals Processing II;
- Pattern Recognition and Intelligent System-based: Pattern Recognition, Introductory Neural Networks, etc.
(To confirm exact arrangements, please consult ‘annual schedule for postgraduates’.)
Duration and Tuition
This master program requires a study span of 3 years, and the tuition fee is 22000 yuan per academic year (11000 yuan per semester).
1. You need to possess a valid foreign passport and have a good health condition which meets the “Physical Checkup Standards for Applicants to Study in China” required by the Chinese government.
2. As a master candidate, you should be under the age of 35, and possess an academic degree of/equal to/above the bachelor level.
3. To choose all-English delivered courses, you need to have a score of or above 6.0 in IELTS tests/80 in CB-TOFEL tests/550 in PB-TOFEL tests or be on an equal English level approved in your country. To choose courses delivered in Chinese, your Chinese level needs to be on or above HSK-4, otherwise, you can apply for Xidian’s Chinese training program first for the HSK tests.
1. One filled and photo fixed copy of the ‘Application Form for Admission to Xidian University for Overseas Candidates’.
2. One notarized copy of your highest diploma (A notarized translation in Chinese or English is also required if your diploma is in neither of these two languages. If you are under graduation, a school enrollment certificate is required.).
3. Your academic records transcript, your study/research plan, and your recommendation letter. They are all required to be in Chinese or English and consist of more than 800 Chinese characters or English letters. (Notarized translations in Chinese or English are also required if these texts are in neither of these two languages.)
4. One photocopy of your passport which is valid for more than 2 years.
5. One photocopy of your HSK certificate given that you have already acquired one.
6. One copy of your ‘Physical Examination Record for Foreigner’.
7. Registration fee: 800 yuan (in cash or ways of postal remittance, bank transfer).
After your documents have been censored, there are 2 optional procedures for the admission according to your conditions and program requirements.
- Interview + Written Examination
The interview is regularly at the beginning of June. Our admission office will inform you of the form, time and site about the interview and examination by telephone or E-mail after your documents have been preliminarily accepted.
You shall have your admission to Xidian after you have offered us sufficient application materials and passed our tests. Later, our admission office will send you with your admission letter.
Address: Admission Office, the School of International Education, Xidian University, No.2, Taibai South Road, Xi’an, Shaanxi Province, China
Program taught in: