The program aims to prepare highly qualified and skilled managers and directors with Master's degree in business management and administration, who will be able to design, develop and manage electronic business companies and projects and to apply achieved knowledge in gaining competitive advantage in cyberspace.
Purpose of the program
To prepare qualified business administration specialists, training their abilities and knowledge of new and distinctive socio-economic processes in knowledge economy’s cyberspace, modern information and communication technology’s (ICT) impact on traditional business models, and to develop practical skills of management needed for successful application of ICT potential to develop, design and manage business in cyberspace.
Profile of the program
This study program includes management, economics disciplines and interdisciplinary subjects analyzing key aspects of cyberspace in a knowledge-based society, among them – the legal environment of e-business, models, and strategies of knowledge management, e-services, entrepreneurship in cyberspace, Internet law, etc. This study program also includes disciplines that provide fundamental knowledge about the information environment and processes of a knowledge-based society. At the moment other e-business and similar programs are based on technology science programs and are narrowly focused on information technology specialists. This e-business master’s program is designed to prepare highly qualified management and business administration specialists.
The outcome of the studies – graduates will be able to recognize and manage electronic environment innovation and business opportunities, information and e-business processes, IT applications in the social context and social challenges and innovative solutions for a rapidly changing e-business environment and create a sustainable competitive advantage. After studies specialists will be trained to work in Lithuanian as well as for foreign markets. Also, graduates can gain employment in managerial positions in large-scale companies, as well as smaller private business sector ones, in firms and consulting agencies, as well as in various government offices and ministries or work in private business.
Bachelor: graduates of university bachelor's studies in any study field can apply to this program.
English language proficiency - the level not lower than B2 (following the Common Framework of Reference for Language approved by the Council of Europe). Distant English language level test is organized for those, who do not possess IELTS or TOEFL certificates.
Application Procedure and Required Documents
Follow 4 steps:
- Fill out the online application form at apply.mruni.eu
- Upload the required documents.
- Secure your registration by paying the application fee.
- Submit your application.
- Educational documents.
- For Bachelor degree-seeking students: Certified true copies of secondary education diploma or high education diploma with the transcript of academic records. Documents must be officially translated into the Lithuanian or the English language.
- Note: Additional educational documents (such as the results of state examinations or pre-University education) might be required according to the applicant's country of residence.
- For Masters degree-seeking students: Certified true copies of university transcript and diploma (a candidate must have a University Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent first university degree with a minimum 3-year study duration). Documents must be officially translated into the Lithuanian or the English language.
- Document proving the results of the English language proficiency.
- For Bachelor degree-seeking students: at least level B1; assessments of English language proficiency certificates equivalent to level B1: TOEFL Paper 477-510, TOEFL IBT 53-64, IELTS 4.5-5.0, PTE level
- For Master degree-seeking students: at least level B2, assessments of English language proficiency certificates equivalent to level B2: TOEFL Paper 513-547, TOEFL IBT 65-78, IELTS 5.5-6.0.
- Note: in case you do not have IELTS or TOEFL, there is a possibility to take the online English language level test organized by the University. You should choose this option when filling the application. There is no additional fee for this test.
- Passport copy.
- Passport type photo.
- Notarized letter of sponsorship from parents/sponsors and the letter from a bank about their financial abilities (showing incomes from the last 3 months).
About the School
Located just outside the city center, Mykolas Romeris University (MRU) is one of the most international universities in Lithuania, currently having about 8,000 students from 48 countries. The universi ... Read More