New technologies such as electric cars or renewable and ecological power supply systems require fundamental research in electrical (energy) engineering. DC grids (used in batteries, hydrogen systems, or to distribute and transport electrical energy in an environmentally friendly way with cable grids), electric cars, and power electronics are the latest technologies aiming to provide a green and environmentally friendly energy supply. Introducing intelligence (SMART technology) into our power supply reduces costs as well as increases reliability and accessibility for the end consumer. In a nutshell, this program will educate the pioneers needed to make the electrical energy supply future-proof. They will be pioneering the future!
- Qualification: Master of Science in Engineering (MSc)
- Duration: 4 semesters (120 ECTS)
- New Admissions: 15 students per year
- Mode of Study: Full-time
- Entrance Requirements: Completed Bachelor’s degree (180 ECTS or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering
- Selection Procedure: Online application, personal/Skype interviews with pre-selected candidates
- Language of Instruction: 100 % in English
- Start: Fall 2018
Focus of Studies
- Electromagnetic Fields in Multiphysics Systems
- Power Electronics, Control & Measurement Engineering
- High Voltage Engineering
- Digitalisation of Electric Grids
- Energy Markets and Energy Law, Financing
- International Management and Development
- Social Competence
Strong focus on internationalization, so graduates will be well-prepared for an international environment (taught in English, international study colleagues, internationally active staff, and research). Their area of expertise will include research and development (also at universities), technical support of marketing and sales, consulting and services, maintenance and operation, project management. As a result of the programme´s strong focus on science and research and an intensive final project in semester four, an optimal preparation for a successive Ph.D. programme will be achieved.
This international Master’s degree programme meets the demand of the electrical engineering industry which offers products, systems, and services in the field of electrical energy engineering and whose companies deal with the development, production, operation, and maintenance of electrical products and systems.
Graduates are able to work on technically complex and interdisciplinary assignments. Possible careers could be for example related to products or systems responsible for high-voltage installations for energy distribution or as a project manager for (further) developing electrical energy engineering products.
About the School
The University of Applied Sciences Upper Austria is the largest university of applied sciences in Austria and is an integral part of the tertiary education system. The organization is defined by the r ... Read More