The Goal of the educational program is to prepare highly qualified specialists for distributed energy systems with knowledge and skills for the development, design and commissioning of protection, automation and control systems with artificial intelligence and digital data transmission networks.
Graduates, who successfully complete the program, possess knowledge in the following areas:
1. The principles of protection and automation of distributed energy systems;
2. The principles of emergency control of distributed energy systems;
3. Theory of automatic control and automatic control systems in power systems;
4. Simulation of transients in power systems and calculation of PACS set points and parameters;
5. Digital signal processing and synchrophasor and hyper phasor measurements;
6. Local area networks for digital substations;
7. Architecture of microprocessor devices of protection and automation;
8. The PACS algorithms and its software implementation;
9. Rules of technological design of relay protection and automation;
10. Common information model and ontology of relay protection and automation of distributed energy systems;
11. Artificial intelligence methods (genetic algorithms, neural networks, machine learning, knowledge bases, multi-agent systems)
12. The basics of cyber security for PACS of distributed energy systems.
Graduates can individually perform
- The definition of the required functions of PACS and calculations of the parameters and set points;
- Development of design documentation;
- Modeling of distributed energy systems with the use of specialized hardware-software complexes;
- The development of automatic control systems;
- Calculations of the parameters of digital filters and algorithms for calculations of the synchrophasor and hyper phasor measurements;
- The design of local area networks for digital substations;
- Software development for the implementation of the algorithms of relay protection and automation;
- Software development with AI techniques for solving problems of relay protection and automation;
- The definition of the scope of threats and corresponding actions to ensure cybersecurity.
Graduates have the skills
- Application of specialized modeling systems;
- Application of test equipment and setup of IED with relay protection, automation and control functions;
- Setup the equipment of local computer networks for digital substations;
- Develop and debug software for PACS;
- Setup LAN and IEDs to ensure cybersecurity.
Education in the master's program concludes with a graduation qualification work.
Graduation qualification work is a research work devoted to the study of the power system properties and the development of new algorithms of relay protection and automation with their software implementation, development of IED prototype and it’s testing with a real-time model of a power system.