Through this Master's Degree, students will acquire excellent skills in the management of electrical energy. Based on electrical engineering courses, students will be able to design, develop and improve complex electrical systems (innovative machine, advanced power electronics, smart grid, and multi-source systems), and to prepare Ph.D.
By focusing on the management of Electrical Energy the Master’s program covers various topics related to Electrical engineering: advanced modeling of electromagnetic devices, Control management of electrical energy. The field of applications concerns more particularly energy conversion, transportation (boats, aircraft, automotive, etc.), sustainable development (wind and marine energy and their integration in the network) and multi-source systems.
- To be able to design innovative solutions for the electrical integration of renewable energies.
- To integrate electrical efficiency and eco-conception rules during the design of electrical systems.
- To model a multiphysics system including sensing electrical systems and control process.
- To be able to design optimal electrical energy management systems.
Electrical Energy is an academic curricular of the Automatic Electronics Electrical Energy Master's Degree. It is a two-year degree (M1 + M2) but only the second year (M2 Electrical Energy) is accessible at Polytech Nantes.
Prerequisites for enrolment
- Applicants should hold a degree which validates at least 4-years in higher education (equivalent to Bac +4 in France).
For international students, the current program is a one-year program, where successful applicants enter directly the second year.
They are expected to have solid foundations in the following fields:
- Electrical engineering
- Applied mathematics and physics
- Command and signal processing
First semester (S9) - (30 ECTS):
- Electrical energy conversion
- Advanced electromagnetics
- Numerical methods
- Signal processing and control
- Optional course (2 Teaching Units out of 3 – 10 ECTS)
- Electrical energy system
- Advanced numerical modeling
- Electrical systems control
Second semester (S10) - (30 ECTS):
- 1 Teaching Units + internship
- Internship: 5 months
- Scientific innovation: 25 hours
Engineer in industry or research Project engineer R & D engineer Higher education and research, particularly through doctoral training.
Our international master is taught in English in Polytech (Gavy campus, Saint-Nazaire).
About the School
Université de Nantes has never stopped moving forward. Faced with today’s challenges we constantly reinvent ourselves. In the last 50 years, Université de Nantes has taken training and research to the ... Read More