The Master’s program offers students an extensive and detailed education in the key areas related to Renewable Energy Sources and Electric Energy Transportation. The objective of the program is to prepare students for a career as engineers in Electric Power Generation and Transportation that require specialized knowledge and skills.
Academic Entry Requirements:
Bachelor Degree or equivalent degree and qualification.
English Language Requirements:
English as a native language / Proof of the English language proficiency: certificate TOEFL (paper-based 500 and higher; internet-based 55 and higher) or IELTS (5.5 and higher), First Certificate in English (FCE) / TPU Entrance Test
All applicants are selected based on the results of TPU Entrance Examination. Additional selection criteria: GPA in Bachelor’s Degree Programme; relative merits and abilities of the applicant proved by certificates.
The program offers students an extensive and detailed study in the key areas pertaining to Renewable Energy Sources and Electric Energy Transportation. The objective of the program is to prepare students for a career in Electric Power Generation and Transportation that require specialized knowledge and skills. It is expected that the graduates will be able to work as engineers in industry, government or continue their education by pursuing a Ph.D. degree.
The program provides the deep knowledge necessary for practicing professionals in Electric Power Generation and Transportation. Under the guidance of a research supervisor and a multi-disciplinary team of scientific and engineering faculty, each student has the opportunity to engage in an in-depth study of particular problems, such as the development of electric networks based on Renewable Energy Sources and finding optimal regimes for transportation of electric energy.
- Operative Dispatch Control in Power Systems;
- Software for Electric Power System Operating;
- Emergency Control in Power Systems;
- Protection Relay for Electric Systems;
- Integration of Renewable Energy Plants in Electric Power Supply Systems.
• Apply mathematical, scientific, social and economic knowledge for theoretical and experimental research in the field of Electric Power Generation and Transportation and power installations.
• To be able to develop new and original ideas and design methods for solving engineering problems in leading areas of Electric Power Generation and Transportation, modernization and improvement of its advanced technological chains.
• To be able to plan and carry out analytic, modeling and experimental research in Electric Power Generation and Transportation using the latest achievements of science and technology.
• Preparation of the graduate for production activities in the field of operation, installation and commissioning, service maintenance and testing, diagnostics and monitoring of electric power and electrical equipment in accordance with the specialization of training.
• Preparation of the graduate for independent study and development of new knowledge and skills, continuous self-improvement for the full realization of his professional career, performing the functions of the teacher in the implementation of educational programs in educational institutions.
Career fields and types of organizations: Electric Power Generation and Transportation
This school offers programs in:
Last updated August 10, 2018