Master in Educational Management
This program helps students qualify for the position of manager of education institutions. It enables them to carry out organizational and managerial activities in education, to perform tasks for effective management of various educational organizations–state-founded, privately owned, lifelong learning organizations etc.
The program aims to create trained professionals capable of managingorganization systems for educational services in pre-primary, secondary and higher education and their improvement and development in line with current trends in theory and practice of management education and changing social
Graduate students with a Master’s degree in Educational Management are prepar ed to:
- manage human communities in education, support and encourage educational and social initiative and creativity, supported by management decisions and professional car eerdevelopment of staff of the education institution;
- manage financial, material and information resources and establish criteria for modern development and quality control and efficiency of the processes taking place in education and training;
- manage themselves, teams and software teams, delegate authority, establish new models of organizational culture in educational organizations;
- determine the mission, goals and strategies of educational institutions, entrepreneurship occurs and take reasoned management decisions;
- motivate, stimulate, evaluate and supervise staff in achieving the goals of educational organizations, promote democratic values, create a favorable psychological and moral atmosphere in educational communities.
The curriculum and syllabi are developed according to the requirements of the higher education policies in Bulgaria.
The study lasts 2 (two) semesters. The curriculum provides 60 ECTS CR. The ECTS credits are divided equally in the two semesters according to the State requirements (article 44а of the Law for change and complement of the Law for higher education –State Journal, vol. 48/04.06.2004 and Regulation No 21 from 30.09.2004 for application of system for credit 2 transfer in higher educational institutions – State Journal, vol. 89/12.10.2004).
For persons who have higher education, but no teaching qualification, course is four semesters (120 ECTS credits). The program structure provides compulsory and elective courses.
- The compulsory courses offer a profound knowledge and specific competences in both theoretical and practical areas of the study.
- The elective courses widen the general and basic knowledge and help students to acquire more specific information and professional skills.
- The facultative courses enable students to acquire new skills and knowledge of their interest that are not a part of the curriculum.
Students are to graduate after they successfully pass their final exam or defend their master thesis.
For that final part of the master’s program they gain 15 ECTS CR (article 10 of Regulation No 21 from 30.09.2004).
Educational Mobility and International Compatibility of
the Expertise Gained
The curriculum design, the program structure, ECTS, the quality of education and the qualification gained enable students to be competitive on the labour market