Why choose this Master in Education course?
- 90% of students said that they were satisfied with the overall quality of the course, according to the 2015 Postgraduate Taught Experience Survey (PTES)
- You'll explore education in its fullest sense - from its pivotal role in society to the theories, policies, and practices that influence, change and enhance it
- We offer a flexible approach to learning, enabling you to earn a broad-based degree or specialise in a particular area of focus by taking one of our pathways
- You will receive a range of professional development opportunities, from early years through to secondary school, further education, higher education, and in the community
- Our teaching team are friendly and approachable with specialist knowledge, which they pass on to you. You can be sure that you'll be up to date with the latest theory and practice.
About this course
During this course, you’ll have the opportunity to gain an expert understanding of the aims of education and its role within society through the exploration of education theories, policies and practices. Through a research enquiry, you will develop confidence and expertise in your chosen area of interest.
Our course is delivered by a highly experienced educational team with expertise across the range of educational sectors. Our tutors are friendly and approachable and will pass their specialist knowledge on to you, ensuring you are up to date with the latest theory and practice.
We welcome students from both the UK and abroad, which will give you the chance to make new friends from around the world while developing your intercultural communication skills and cross-cultural understanding.
We offer you the opportunity to gain a broad-based masters degree in education or specialise by taking one of the following pathways:
- Early Years
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
- Leadership and Management
- Leadership Coaching and Mentoring
- Lifelong Learning
- Special Educational Needs and Disability
If you choose to study part-time, there are also a range of other pathways available.
- You will usually need an undergraduate degree or an equivalent qualification.
- If your first language is not English you will need to prove you are proficient in English – IELTS 6.0
Careers and employability
You will be encouraged to develop the skills of critical, creative and strategic thinking, enabling you to offer unique educational insights and encourage positive change in an employment environment. Such skill sets will enhance your career prospects by increasing both your educational knowledge base and transferable skills in relation to the field of education.
You may wish to go on to further study by taking the Doctor of Education or a PhD.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 27, 2018