- Almada / Lisboa
The Master in Education works in b-learning and has two areas of specialization: Pedagogical Supervision and Assessment and Adult Education and Training. It is intended for all licensed professionals / graduates in the areas of Education, Training of Educators and Teachers and Social Sciences or with relevant curriculum in these areas who wish to develop skills, deepen knowledge and intervene in different educational contexts.
- To train professionals with a profile that allows them to intervene in different educational contexts, applying theoretical models and methodologies of evaluation and intervention in Education, guided by ethical, deontological and inclusive principles;
- To develop research and tool mobilization skills in decision-making processes in educational research and innovation, motivating students for lifelong learning as a structuring element of professional development;
- To develop and deepen knowledge and competences within the scope of guidance, supervision and evaluation of educators, teachers and other educational agents, in the area of specialization in Pedagogical Supervision and Evaluation;
- To develop and deepen knowledge and skills with special focus on intervention in the design, implementation, management and evaluation of projects in the area of specialization in Adult Education and Training.
- Educational Institutions, in which they can perform critical analysis, intervention, training and consultancy in the field of Adult Education and Training;
- Educational Institutions, in which they can perform critical analysis, intervention, orientation, evaluation and consulting in the scope of Pedagogical Supervision and Evaluation.
Classes work in a flipped classroom model, face-to-face sessions (28% of contact hours) will have a practical, privileging autonomy, collaborative activity and problem solving. In the face-to-face moments, students will be able to apply the concepts in concrete situations, elaborate exercises and carry out tasks of consolidation and / or expansion of knowledge.
Students will have a personalized tutorial tutorial, individually or in small groups of up to 7 students.
For the completion of the Master in Education, the student will comply with a curricular plan consisting of 120 compulsory ECTS credits, according to the curricular plan:
- 60 ECTS credits in the specialization course;
- 60 ECTS credits referring to the curricular units of Research and Dissertation Seminars / Project Work.
The curriculum of the course was designed to provide scientific update on the problems of the course and each area of specialization, taking into account the critical analysis and intervention, and the master in education:
- Implement appropriate educational research and innovation processes in different contexts.
- Master the current reference frames in the area of education and the area of specialization you choose.
Complementarily, in the area of specialization of Pedagogical Supervision and Evaluation:
- Organize the practice of guidance, supervision and educational evaluation in a critical and context-sensitive way
- Build and apply different benchmarks and tools for guidance, supervision and evaluation
- Implement collaborative and formative processes that lead to the improvement of professional performance and institutions.
Complementarily, in the area of specialization of Education and Training of Adults:
- Implementing the process of identification, recognition, validation and certification of non-formal and informal learning / lifelong learning / lifelong learning skills - Use appropriate methods, techniques and strategies in the field of EFA and Community Interaction (CI)
- Evaluate projects, processes and practices in EFA and IC.
Holders of a degree or equivalent degree in the areas of Educational Sciences, Education of Educators and Teachers and Social Sciences, as well as Holders of a school, scientific or professional curriculum that is recognized by the Technical-Scientific Council as attesting ability to carry out this cycle of studies.
At the time of the evaluation, the candidates will be evaluated by a jury, appointed by the Technical-Scientific Council, and according to the weights set forth in the respective Regulation, taking into account the following criteria:
- a) Professional experience in the area of adult education and training or supervision of educators and teachers, depending on the area of specialization chosen;
- b) Participation in research or intervention projects in the areas of Educational Sciences and / or Social and Human Sciences.
Access to other cycles
The Master's degree allows the application to the PhD degree / doctorate degree, under the respective legal terms.
Support to International Students
- Support for application formalities;
- Support in the search for accommodation;
- Initial Portuguese Language Course Tutorial accompaniment, during the first year of the school, for English or French speakers.
Fees and gratuities
Contact the Institution.
Accredited course (A3ES: 08/03/2018).
This school offers programs in:
- Portuguese (Brazil)
Last updated May 29, 2018