Master in Education (MED)
The AeU MED programme is aimed at educators from all industries passionate in enhancing personal and professional growth in specialized areas in education. It is a 2-year programme that offers popular specialisation areas such as TESL, Early Childhood Education, Instructional Technology, Nursing Education and more.
Download brochure .
Fully accredited programme  by Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA) , Ministry of Higher Education.
• One of the few fully accredited MED programme in Malaysia
• Join a group of students from diverse range of educational backgrounds
• Delivery of programme is using blended learning - a combination of face to face tutorials and online learning.
• Bachelor's Degree in Education recognized by AeU Senate OR
• Possess a Degree and teaching/training experience for minimum 2 years OR
• Open entry qualification recognised by the Ministry of Higher Education, Malaysia: Be at least 35 years old and Possess STPM or equivalent
• Provide evidence of prior learning experience and/or knowledge relevant to the programme applied for OR
• Other qualification recognised by the AeU Senate
Modes of Study:
- Part Time
- Blended Learning
Duration: 2 years
No. of Semesters: 6 (1 semester is 3 mths)
No. of Subjects: 14+ 1 Project Paper
Frequency of Tutorials: Once a month – Saturday & Sunday with 1 tutorial per subject (3hrs 20 min each) (Not compulsory)
- Assignment 1 20%
- Assignment 2 40%
- Final Exam 40%
MQA Accreditation: A 9151
EPF & HRDF Claimable (Malaysians Only): YES
• Provide students with the philosophical, sociological and psychological foundations of educational practice.
• Develop skills for solving particular educational problems, whether in teaching or training.
• Provide for the acquisition of sound principles and techniques essential to working effectively in a wide range of educational settings.
• Provide students with the research tools to actively engage in educational research at the graduate level.
• Examine several models of instruction for building effective teaching to meet diverse learning needs.
• Provide educators with the knowledge and skills necessary to promote the effective use of technology in a learner-centred environment.
• Provide students with multiple means of assessing and evaluating diverse student learning.
• Teaching English as a Second Language
• Nursing Education
• Early Childhood Education
• Educational Psychology
• Instructional Technology
• Educational Management
• Science Education
• Educational Assessment & Evaluation
• Curriculum & Instruction
• Higher Education Teaching
• Research Methods in Education
• Statistics in Education
• Qualitative Research Methods in Education
• Philosophical Ideas in Education
• Sociology of Education
• Learning and Cognition
• Educational Assessment
• Curriculum Design and Development
• Models of Instruction
• Fundamentals of Instructional Technology