Department of Educational Science
The education world is nowadays facing increasingly complicated situations and major challenges.
It is important that the concerned actors have a link to consider such challenges, promote new analysis and action models, update their practices and develop new projects.
Due to the importance of education, which is the treasure of knowledge-based societies, the Department of Education trains several types of educational professionals at different university levels: education administrators, teachers in cycles I and II and basic education levels, educational technologists, and researchers in the field of education.
The Department bases its education not only on a sum of accumulated knowledge, but also on the ability to think and to criticize in order to build a better world. And it is the responsibility of the educator of today to form the men and women of tomorrow.
Objectives of the training
- Acquire learning theories approaches, teaching methods, used according to the taught course and learn about the learners’ characteristics, in addition to classroom management techniques;
- Enhance language teaching methods and the various disciplines of the program;
- Determine and develop didactic situations related to basic education and primary education, through their various parameters, and, relatively, to the teaching fields;
- Analyze didactic situations by referring to methodological options and the content proposed by the Lebanese curriculum;
- Deal with theoretical and practical issues concerning the specialized didactics of the French language, Mathematics, Life and Earth sciences, Arabic, History and Geography;
- Determine the analysis levels of the French language, and the specifications of the language teaching fields, or a discipline from the curriculum of basic education and primary education;
- Identify the specifications of the French language, taught as a second language, within the Lebanese educational framework.
Technology of Education The specific objectives of this option are:
- Training in the evaluation, production and distribution of various educational tools and materials;
- Training for resource persons, who initiate education professionals into the use of pedagogical materials in their work.
Bachelor of Arts in Education (96 credits - 3 years)
Basic Education (Undergraduate and graduate studies)
- French and Math
- French and Sciences
- rabic, History/Geography and Civism
Childhood Education (In progress)
Teaching Diploma in Education (24 credits + internship - 2 semesters after the Bachelor)
Master of Arts in Education (36 credits - 2 years after the Bachelor)
- Basic Education
- Administration of Education
- Technology of Education
- Assistance of people with special needs (In progress)
- Ph.D. in Education (60 credits)
- Pedagogical coordination at primary education level
- Basic education at primary education level
- Evaluation, production and distribution of pedagogical materials
- School administration and management
- Work in companies that produce educational software
- Research in education
This school offers programs in: