Course language: Spanish
The Master's Degree in Editorial Design: Print and Digital Media trains students to work in the current publishing environment, both on paper and in new digital media.
The professional market today demands a professional in which specialized knowledge on publishing for print media and a solid formation in the environment of publishing in digital media converge. The increase in the sale of editorial products, the proliferation of portable electronic devices and the change in the modes of access to information force the current designer to make a constant revision of the languages of visual communication in print media.
For this reason, the Master of Editorial Design: Print and Digital Media not only includes the study of different publication formats, the role of photography and illustration, the principles of composition and typographic aesthetics, but also investigates cognitive processes that intervene in the reading process, as well as interface design techniques and user experience, in order to take advantage of the possibilities provided by the digital environment.
Objectives of the course
The Master's Degree in Editorial Design: Print and Digital Media trains professionals in the publishing sector with a high degree of specialization. It raises the necessary objectives so that the work environment itself perceives the results of qualified professionals. We can highlight among these objectives:
- Provide the necessary knowledge to identify the needs of the sector.
- Show the culture of the editorial project, the dynamics that govern its processes and the professionals that comprise it.
- Differentiate the different types of publications and their characteristics.
- Teach the tools of the edition, both on paper and in the digital environment.
- To make known the professional practice in the different areas of the sector.
- To make understand the processes that govern reading.
- Teach the proper procedures of the design of publications in digital devices.
- The Day of Paper. Conference dedicated to design and paper
The Master's Degree in Editorial Design: Print and Digital Media provides the student with the necessary knowledge to perform professional tasks in various fields:
- Freelance designer in print and digital media
- Designer in graphic design studios or web design
- Designer in advertising, communication or marketing agencies
- Design departments in publishing houses
- Design departments in branding consultancies
- Department of communication design, advertising or marketing of any company
About the School
We can remember the Spanish domination over Milan, lasted almost two centuries, and that in southern Italy. In a way, the decision that Spain would be the first country outside Italy to host IED campu ... Read More