STUDY ECONOMICS IN THE UK
Across The Pond partners with some of the top UK universities for economics. In fact, UK universities comprise over 10% of the QS World University Rankings for Economics list. As an academic discipline, economics marries the analytical, the mathematical, and human impact; therefore; it is a truly inter-disciplinary subject with multiple perspectives and outcomes. With an ever-changing economic landscape both within and outside of the UK, now is an excellent time to obtain a degree in economy to make a contribution to understanding these shifts. With the UK’s diversity and its ever-changing economy, it is an ideal and exciting locale for the academic pursuit of economy.
BENEFITS OF STUDYING ECONOMICS IN THE UK
- Shorter courses: Most Master’s programmes are only one year long, and most undergraduate programmes are only three years long.
- Networking opportunities: Many universities in the UK focus on having staff that are active in their fields, helping to provide an employability perspective and to generate learning opportunities outside of the classroom.
- The UK as classroom: For those interested in the financial and/or business side of economics, the UK is a significant site of the finance world. While London is, of course, a major financial centre, students can also study in cities like Leeds, which is the second largest financial and business centre in the UK and can also explore the economies of smaller parts of the UK. Students can also use the UK to examine how economics impacts other sectors, such as the arts and non-profit organizations, both of which have a very strong presence in the UK.
HOW CAN ACROSS THE POND HELP?
We provide free advice & guidance to students wanting to pursue economics in the UK. With our help you can:
- Find a leading programme that meets both your academic needs and career goals.
- Make the application process simple: your personal advisor will deal with the paperwork so you don’t have to.
- Improve your chances of acceptance by applying to the right universities.
Register with Across The Pond today to get assistance from an Across The Pond advisor. We look forward to hearing from you!