The two-year MSc program in Economics (120 ECTS credits) will equip you to address challenging economic problems and provide you with excellent tools to pursue careers in both the public and the private sector.
The program puts an emphasis on problem-solving skills that can be applied in a wide variety of settings and offers an invaluable start to your career. By using modern economic analysis and quantitative empirical methods, the program gives you the tools to analyze complex real-world problems in public policy making, as well as in private business and international organizations.
Two specializations are offered:
- Applied Economic Analysis.
- International Economics.
The specializations in Applied Economic Analysis and International Economics have a joint intake. Once accepted to the M.Sc. in Economics, you choose your specialization after completing a common first semester.
The program is best suited for students with a strong undergraduate background in economics. It demands an excellent analytical ability and the ambition to put your work to the test with the very best people in the field. All courses are given in English by internationally renowned faculty.
You will be equipped to address challenging economic problems. By means of modern economic analysis and quantitative empirical methods, it will give you the tools to analyze complex real-world problems in public policy making as well as in private business and in international organizations. If you are looking to start your career with a deep understanding of economics, this is where to begin.
- A Bachelor's degree with at least 90 ECTS in Social Sciences (including but not limited to Economics, Business Administration, and Political Science), with a minimum of 30 ECTS specifically in Economics.
- GMAT or GRE test
- GMAT score of 600 or more.
- GRE score (quantitative) of 155 or more.
3. Proficiency in English, which must be demonstrated in one of the following ways:
- IELTS score (Academic) of 7 or more.
- TOEFL total score of 100 or more (internet based).
- English as native language
- Bachelor’s degree from a program conducted completely in English
- Qualifications “English B/6” from Swedish upper secondary school
4. Motivation & supporting attachments (Read more at www.hhs.se)
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 14, 2018