The Master Programme in Economics is designed to provide advanced training in Economics to holders of a 1st cycle in Economics or Management. It aims at endowing professionals with advanced knowledge in Economic Analysis and Economic Policies, without neglecting the possibility of deepening knowledge in some Management related areas. It ensures the development of theoretical and soft skills deemed important to enhance the prospects of a successful professional career in a diverse range of institutions: large companies, solid SMEs, public companies and organisations, consulting companies, banking sector, Bank of Portugal, regulators and various agencies and international organisations.
It is a three-semester-long programme which corresponds to 100 ECTS. It culminates with the elaboration of a dissertation project or an internship + report, in the students' area of expertise, respectively. The Master Programme in Economics envisages to:
- Provide a broadband solid training in Economics to facilitate integration into the labour market and to promote the professional career of future competent professionals;
- Promote autonomous skills to conduct applied research in the fields of Economics, whether oriented by theoretical goals or aiming at practical problem-solving solutions;
- Prepare students for a professional successful career as economists in the public, private or non-profit sectors.
Holders of our Master Degree in Economics should be competent and highly qualified professionals because they have been endowed with a solid range of scientific, technical and professional skills which enable them to:
- Apply advanced knowledge of economic analysis to solve real economic and business issues in innovative, complex environments and in global competition;
- Elaborate analysis and reports with methodological and empirical coherence and consistency.
- Evaluate critically alternative economic arguments about contemporary economic problems;
- Be able to read and understand research papers and articles published in academic journals, to build simple theoretical models, to initiate empirical research and to evaluate its findings;
- Transfer, use and create original knowledge in Economics.
Are you looking for advanced training in Economics, or Management, and enhance your employability and career prospects in the near future? Our Master Degree in Economics is the answer to launch your future career.
You may find further information in the Pedagogical Guide of the Master Programme in Economics.
This school offers programs in:
- Portuguese (Portugal)