The international master's programs in economics and finance at WISE & SOE, XMU are designed to attract international students with clear academic interests and motivations, who would like to carry out their master and/or doctoral studies in China.
WISE focuses on high-quality economics and finance education, frontier research, and intensive international academic exchanges and cooperation. With excellent faculty members recruited from top overseas universities, all degree programs are conducted in English based on an international common standard.
WISE & SOE offer twelve master's programs for international students:
- Financial Engineering
- Management Economics
- International Trade
- Quantitative Economics
- Regional Economics
- Public Finance
- Population, Resources and Environmental Economics
- Industrial Economics
- Labor Economics
- Economics of Globalization and European Integration
- Teaching language: English
- Program commencement: Fall semester
- Tuition fees: 90,000RMB in total (for two years)
- Application fee: 400RMB
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens generally under the age of 45 at the time of applying, be in good health, and possess a valid passport.
- Applicants should hold a recognized bachelor's degree or above.
- Applicants should present a TOEFL certificate with a score of 80 or above, or an IELTS certificate with a score of 6.0 or above, or other certificates of English proficiency from an accredited test. Native English speakers are exempt from this requirement. Applicants who have taken courses in English during their bachelor’s degree studies should provide a medium-of-instruction certificate.
- The ability to demonstrate relevant professional experience will be given individual consideration.
Introduction to Scholarships
There are a number of scholarships offered to international master students: Chinese Government Scholarships, Fujian Provincial Government Scholarships and Xiamen University scholarships.
Scholarship availability is subject to change every year. Please pay attention to the scholarship information on the website of the Admissions Office of Xiamen University (http://admissions.xmu.edu.cn/en/scholarship/) and the website of the China Scholarship Council (http://www.csc.edu.cn).
Applicants will be given priority consideration if they graduate from world-renowned universities, or are recommended by senior professors or experts. A panel of experts at XMU will screen candidates for scholarships and submit lists of nominees to university presidents for approval. Scholarship decisions will be made on the basis of the applicants' application documents, academic performance, overall merits, research achievements and supervisors' comments. Lists of nominees for Chinese Government Scholarships and Fujian Provincial Government Scholarship will be submitted to the relevant scholarship committee for final approval.
The results will be published on the website of the XMU Admissions Office. Scholarship awardees will be notified via email and their Admission Notice and Visa Application Form (JW201 or JW202) will be sent out as soon as possible.
The awardees' academic performance will be assessed each year and only those achieving the required standard will have their scholarship renewed for the following year.
About the School
Wang Yanan Institute for Studies in Economics (WISE) is a research-oriented institute, which was founded in 2005 at Xiamen University as an initiative to modernize economics and finance research and e ... Read More