Information for applicants
Master's degree in Management study program prefers a broad base of knowledge and skills. The selection of optional subjects allows profiling in economics and management of the business entity and in the field of human resource management. Students will have the opportunity to gain and deepen their knowledge in various areas of management with knowledge strengthening within the field of strategic management processes, their design and implementation, financial management, analysis of business entities effect, marketing, accounting, law, computer technology, human resource management and also the professional discipline that deals with the corporate social.
Graduates of this study program, thanks to the wide knowledge base, will find employment in manufacturing and business organizations, as well as in non-manufacturing organizations, especially in the middle and upper hierarchy of management, after acquiring the necessary experience. They can assert themselves on economic and human resources functions and as professionals in other fields and departments (organizational and marketing departments, as well as divisions of logistics, quality, social responsibility). Graduates are successful as managers and experts in consulting and educational companies. They are also ready for successful performance in multinational organizations on the positions mentioned above.
- To acquire and use the principles of strategic thinking,
- To define the basic concepts, processes and strategic management activities,
- To describe and analyze the economic system of a company,
- To explore the causes of economic inefficiency of the business entity,
- To characterize the nature of the systemic approach to the analysis of economic and management processes,
- To understand the purpose and importance of human resource management in the organization,
- To explain the human resources strategy, human resources processes and activities as well as the method of their management,
- To argue the critical factors for the successful business,
- To describe factors that influence organizational changes and corporate communication,
- To classify the types of business plans based on selected criteria,
- To understand the importance of career development,
- To emphasize the importance of ethical and socially responsible behavior,
- To explain the methods of logistics decision making,
- To interpret modern micro-and macroeconomics at the intermediate level,
- To analyze the causes, process, and consequences of the crisis,
- To understand the requirements of intercultural management.
- To evaluate proposed strategies and decide about the optimal strategy,
- To propose and to work out a plan of the implementation of the selected strategy based on the risk assessment and the effects of the chosen implementation,
- To apply methods for the creation of the business entity functional goals,
- To use a creative team approach to managing work,
- To solve the human resources problem,
- To manage selected social processes (management of changes, corporate communications, use of the managerial power),
- To design planning models and to evaluate the financial impacts of proposed plans,
- To draw up an individual career plan,
- To argue solving of an ethical problem,
- To design appropriate strategies of the approach to customers,
- To apply mathematics and statistics for a deeper understanding of economics and relations in the management disciplines,
- To set up a simple emergency plan,
- To establish a research project.
Graduate's general competence
- Individual presentation of own research and scientific subjects,
- Application of acquired knowledge into practice,
- To gain confidence in own skills (assertive presentation, reasoning, evaluation methods, problem-solving)
- To use a holistic approach to management,
- To manage own career, to understand the importance of continuing education in management,
- To negotiate effectively with different people and groups.
About the School
VSB-TUO is the top ranked university in Czech Republic, drawing on 160+ years of research and academic excellence to provide world class education to 19,000 students from six continents. according to ... Read More