The Master in Economics and Finance (MEF) was created in 1999 with the objective of preparing top-level specialists in two increasingly important areas: economic analysis and financial theory.
In recent years, major breakthroughs have taken place in these fields, both in terms of the application of scientific knowledge to economic policy and in the way financial markets operate: the MEF provides students with a sound foundation in these subjects.
The program aims both to provide a current and solid theoretical base and to develop the analytical skills needed for practical work and research. In this way, students are familiarized with the design, analysis, and empirical comparison of theoretical models. The study of mathematical and econometric techniques will allow students to undertake their work with the necessary rigor.
- Mathematical analysis of economic research (3,5 ETCS)
- Economic theory I: general equilibrium and welfare analysis (3,5 ETCS)
- Economic theory II: advanced macroeconomics (3,5 ETCS)
- Economic theory III: industrial economics (3,5 ETCS)
- Econometrics I: advanced econometrics (3,5 ETCS)
- Econometrics II: microeconometrics (3,5 ETCS)
- Finance I: investment theory under uncertainty (3,5 ETCS)
- Finance II: financial risk management (3,5 ETCS)
- Finance III: Financial Econometrics (3,5 ETCS)
- Topics in economics and finance I (3,5 ETCS)
- Topics in economics and finance II (3,5 ETCS)
- Topics in economics and finance III (3,5 ETCS)
- Topics in economics and finance IV (3,5 ETCS)
- Research seminars I, II & III (6 ETCS)
- Research project (8,5 ETCS)
The labor market needs professionals with a sound base, both in economic analysis and financial theory. The Master in Economics and Finance is ideal for people who wish to work both in the field of research and in the professional world.
- Once they have completed the Master's Degree, those students who wish to proceed with Ph.D. studies offered by the School of Economics and Business Administration and who are admitted to one or more of its programs may request the validation of the credits obtained in the Master's Degree to the Director of the corresponding program.
- The Master in Economics and Finance provides the appropriate quantitative training to carry out doctoral studies in any institution, both Spanish and foreign.
- Firms working in the field of finance: securities and stock exchange companies, investment banks, trust funds...
- Financial management firms, particularly large corporations and multinationals.
- Research departments in public and private entities and organizations with core competencies in designing economic policies at the supranational (European Central Bank, European Commission, etc), national, or local levels.
Program taught in: