Master in Economics and Business
Working in the private sector, as a consultant, an entrepreneur or in a large multinational firm requires both a broad knowledge in economics and an aptitude to master the modern tools of strategy, accounting, and finance.
The Master in Economics and Business has been created to provide its students with those tools and put them in the ideal position to successfully enter the job market in France or abroad. Graduates are prepared to work in a variety of functions and business sectors as in the banking and finance industry, in consulting as well as in multinational or smaller companies.
Sciences Po is the ideal institution to run such a program. First, it can guarantee that students obtain a sound background in economics and finance, using the assets of a leading, growing and academically world recognised Department of Economics and Finance. Second, one of the specificities of Sciences Po is that students are well trained in professional presentation skills, both written and oral. Third, students are offered the job placement services developed by Sciences Po's Department of Economics to guarantee first rate professional outcomes for the students.
- A two-years program providing a multidisciplinary approach
- A wide range of elective courses allowing students to customise the programme to their own interests
- A learning approach that includes both theory and practical applications, focusing on working group, presentations and case studies
- An international teaching environment with a diverse cohort of students
The Master in Economics and Business offers international dual degrees with prestigious international universities. Students usually spend the first year at Sciences Po and the second year at the partner university.
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, Philadelphia (US)
- Fundação Getulio Vargas - Escola de Administração de Empresas, São Paulo (Brasil)
- Luigi Bocconi University, Milan (Italie)
- Columbia School of International and Public Affairs (SIPA), New York (US) - No admission for 2017 intake
The master is targeted at students aiming to work in the private sector in positions requiring both a broad knowledge in economics and business-management in France or abroad. This program is particularly suited for students having in mind a career in:
- Consulting and audit,
- Finance and Banking,
- Large multinational and industrial firms,
- SMEs and entrepreneurial ventures,
- International Organizations.
Graduates can take up functions like:
- Auditors, risk managers, consultants in strategy or management,
- Financial planners, business analysts, project finance advisors,
- Business developers, marketing analysts,
- Economists, ratings analysts, credit or financial analysts,
- Corporate finance or corporate strategy officers, private equity/mergers and acquisitions advisors…
Job market access is eased by Sciences Po's Department of Economics leading job placements activities:
- two weekly corporate breakfasts,
- one weekly afterwork event in leading companies headquarters,
- permanent job fairs, centralization of all finance-economics-business & management internships and job offers in the Department's weekly newsletter, along with courses where teachers often recruit... in class.
The master welcomes applications from candidates of all nationalities, fluent in English (see Admissions Website for further details on language requirements) - no French proficiency required.
Applicants must hold a bachelor (or equivalent) in economics, business, law or engineering. For detailed information concerning eligibility requirements please consult Sciences Po's Admissions website: international admissions procedure or national admissions procedure.
Please note that Sciences Po has developed partnerships with certain French engineering schools. Pursuant to these agreements, students from these schools may be exempted from the admissibility phase of the national admissions procedure.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 9, 2016