Based on Utrecht University’s research expertise, this multidisciplinary Master’s gives you a 360-degree picture of the importance of economic policy-making for business, government, and society.
Content of the Program
In the Master, in Economic Policy you focus on
- the role of government policies in complex social issues such as health care and insurance, sustainable economic growth, and energy transition;
- applying modern economics to societal questions such as labor market reform, inequality, and the future of health care.
This MSc in Economic Policy provides you with:
- The sound theoretical knowledge and advanced analytical skills required to work in the complex, challenging and important field of economic and public policy;
- A small-scale, culturally diverse cohort that creates a lively, intense and highly international interaction in and out of class;
- A multidisciplinary approach that combines expertise in both economics and the social sciences;
- The ability to contribute to societal development by designing and implementing new solutions to the complex and multifaceted issues facing governments organizations and society today;
- Broad perspectives from studying such core subjects as: Sustainable Growth, Econometric Methods in Empirical Economics, Public and Political Economics, Energy Transition and Behavioural Economics.
You will actively participate in major research projects, conduct your own research, present your results, and write short essays and a master’s thesis.
Upon completion of the MSc in Economic Policy, you are prepared for a wide range of careers in both the public and the private sector. Our alumni have gone on to develop careers as economic policy advisors for government agencies at the national, European and international level; as economic professionals in the public domain of public administration, health care, education, and social security; or as consultants in sustainable transitions and energy economics.
Whether you wish to work in the private sector or in the public domain, you will find that there is always a need for well-trained graduates with the skills – and the interest – to look beyond the boundaries of economics. Thanks to its multidisciplinary, wide-ranging content, as well as its unique emphasis on the interplay between economics and social change, the MSc in Economic Policy, offers the ideal preparation for a career in a wide range of companies and institutions. Positions obtained by our graduates include policy functions in various corporations (usually on an academic level). But graduates also find their way to various research organizations linked to the government. In previous years, graduates from this program have found positions with:
- government agencies;
- pension funds;
- insurance companies;
- economic consultancy firms;
- research institutes.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 28, 2018