Master in Economic Informatics
- Program: C-SIA System Engineering and Informatics
- Field of study: C-SIA-EIA Economic Informatics
- Level of qualification: Master continuing
- Mode of study: full-time
- Qualification awarded: Master's degree
Specific admission requirements:
Completed bachelor degree program and entrance examination, if required.
Qualification requirements and regulations:
Finished Bachelor's degree program with a bachelor diploma.
Specific arrangements for recognition of prior learning:
There are no specific arrangements for recognition of prior learning. The recognition procedure of the university is guided by the Act No. 111/1998 on Higher Education Institutions and the university "Study and Examination Rules". Further information available here.
Profile of the program:
Graduates during their studies receive a wide and advanced application and creative knowledge of systems and software engineering, theoretical foundations of informatics, highly specialized knowledge of ICT and IS/ICT and principles of their utilization, advanced database, network and multimedia technologies and artificial intelligence. He or she is able to participate in the process of informatization of organizations and independently work in the field of information and communication technologies deployment. Graduates also have sufficient knowledge and skills for effective management of companies specializing in products and services within the tertiary sector of the national economy. They also have sufficient knowledge for an effective management of commercial activities in a company of any specialization.
Key learning outcomes:
- to develop students' knowledge of information and economic science
- to provide students with the personal skills and professional perspective to be effective in the sphere of information systems and technologies
- to develop student's advanced knowledge of economical, managerial and social to analyze and understand economic phenomena
- to promote methods by which economic and managerial processes are investigated, monitored and controlled
- the graduates are able to practically implement large-scale software systems and manage all phases of their life cycle
- the graduates are able to apply theoretical foundations and methods for analysis and modeling of enterprises and their processes
- the graduates understand the principles of design and implementation of programming languages, they know and they are able to apply formal apparatus
Graduates from this program are qualified for working in enterprises oriented on development, purchase and selling of information systems and information technologies. They can use their experience also in specialized departments of manufacture-oriented and service-oriented organizations responsible for operation and development of their ICT and IS/ICT. After finishing the required study plan the graduates are qualified for immediate employment in practice and prepared for continuing their studies in graduate programs.
Min. 120 ECTS, state final exam, defense of the master's thesis.
Access to further studies:
Successful graduates may proceed to the doctoral study program.
Note: To obtain 60 ECTS credits per academic year, students should choose courses from any other study program taught at the university.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 19, 2018