Master in Economic Analysis
The main goal of our Master in Economic Analysis is to provide a high-level background in Economics to students from all around the world extremely formed and motivated. We also want to improve the quality and productivity of the research groups, so the Economics Department provides weekly seminars in Microeconomics, Macroeconomics and Econometrics, and in this way we get an intellectually active and stimulating environment.
Because of our International nature, courses are taken in English, so correct written and spoken English is demanded.
The Graduate Program is part of the European Network for Training in Economic Reserarch (ENTER), an initiative by eight of the leading economics departments in Europe, all of them with international graduate programs: Barcelona (Universitat Autònoma), Brussels (Free University), Mannheim, Stockholm (joint graduate program), Tilburg, Toulouse, UCL and Universidad Carlos III. The network organizes exchanges of research students between the participating departments.
After completing the Master in Economic Analysis, those students with good grades and who have passed the qualifying exams in the three major fields (macroeconomics, microeconomics, and econometrics) are admitted to the PhD Program in Economics.
The great job of our faculty has been acknowledged by the Ministerio de Educación y Ciencia, giving us the status of Programa de Doctorado con Mención de Calidad.
The objective is to prepare students for a research career in economics, either as academics or professionals, in both the public and the private sector. It also gives students the right skills and tools to pursue a PhD in Economics. In particular, students who perform well in the Master and pass qualifying examinations are admitted to the PhD Program in Economics at Universidad Carlos III.
- Admission decisions are taken by the Admission Committee of the Department of Economics, and are based on academic criteria.
- Our Master is a full-time program.
- A Bachelor’s degree (not necessarily in Economics) and a strong background in quantitative methods are required. In order to ensure that all candidates have the required level of knowledge of Mathematics, intensive courses are held in September. Attendance to classes is mandatory unless decided contrarily by the Admission Committee.
- The language of instruction of our program is English. We require all candidates to have proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Candidates should also take into account visa and medical insurance requirements before coming to Spain.
This school offers programs in: