The Graduate Schools of Engineering (established in 1967) and Science (established in 1978) were unified, and the Graduate School of Science and Engineering of Ehime University started in 1996. This Graduate School was reorganized in 2006.
The main educational objective is to offer opportunities for professional development and career enhancement to the students through lectures and research activities, which range widely from basic science to practical engineering fields. Interdisciplinary researches between science and technology can also be carried out easily as well as cooperative or project researches in the Graduate School.
Disaster Mitigation Study for Asian Students
The main research objectives of running the Special Course on Disaster Prevention Study for Asian Students are to understand and elucidate characteristic features of natural disasters in Asia and to develop their preventive measures, while the educational motto stands at producing first-class researchers and technical experts with frontier research capabilities and advanced knowledge in the field of natural disasters. The research topics in this course mainly include landslide hazards, flood hazards, earthquake hazards, coastal hazards, structural damages, information dissemination, and related fields.
- Mass transport properties of concrete and crack, time-dependent behavior of deformation and crack in reinforced concrete members
- Seismic response of structures in the context of structural/geotechnical earthquake engineering, Major research topics are: non-linear dynamic soil-structure interaction, liquefaction effects on pile foundations, analysis and modeling of string ground motion, earthquake damage investigation, and their applications for disaster prevention
- Geotechnical engineering, Liquefaction prevention technique, the dynamic behavior of ground, earthquake resistant design
- Urban climate formation process, Water circulation in the basin, Utilization technology of renewable energy
- Development of tsunami disaster mitigation technique based on oceanographic radar and numerical simulation. Research on marine pollution caused by plastics in terms of physical oceanography
- The mechanical and hydrological behavior of fractured rock masses under coupled thermo-hydro-mechano-chemo fields
- Study on monitoring of processing and machining, prediction of deformation and damage, and assurance of strength reliability of polymer composites such as carbon fiber reinforced plastics
- Advanced combustors of hydrogen fuel and the prevention of potential risks in a future hydrogen society from both aspects of the clarification of basic phenomena and technical developments
- Control systems of intelligent machines for coexisting with humans
- Distributed Processing, Parallel Processing, Cooperative Processing and Its related area: Secure Processing, Distributed transaction processing, Personalized Information system and also including ICT and its application for shifting to an information-oriented society
- Geo-disaster mitigation and hazard assessment, landslide creep mechanism, and residual strength characteristics of clayey soils
About the School
The Graduate School of Science and Engineering, Ehime University Ehime University is a national university with master programs in the fields of Disaster Mitigation, Environmental Sciences, Earth Sci ... Read More