Do you want to become a successful navigator in the Digital Age?
Just like any other industry, the media industry is also going full-fledged digital. The growth of digital media has opened up new opportunities for growth, innovation and enhanced customer service. How can these new prospects be fully realized? How can media businesses capitalize on the digitalization and create innovative products and solutions? These questions are the focus of the Master’s programme in Digital Media Business.
Communication today is dominated by digital media. But it’s not just communication that is affected. How we work, how we live and consume services is also increasingly characterized by digital media and technologies. Therefore, beyond just media companies, the importance of digital media is high across all types of industries. The strategic use of digital media can be a key element for success today for all types of companies. Social media has become an inseparable aspect of how companies connect with their customers. At the same time, digital apps, smartphones, and Virtual Reality are rising as the new point of contacts and service points unlike never before.
The Master’s specialisation in Digital Media Business prepares graduates to leverage digital media to cater to the digitally savvy customers thus enhancing business success in the digital age. The course combines a strong foundation in business management with an in-depth understanding of digital media and different types of web 2.0 services like apps, social media and so on. A good blend of theory and practice gives them the necessary market knowledge enabling them to develop a thorough understanding of digital media, content strategy for a digital age where the customers are digital.
Students acquire the comprehensive strategic, technical and business skills to work with diverse media and content formats at a high project-managerial level. Students critically analyze different types of web 2.0 services, especially social media, apps and other mobile services (including augmented reality features) and are trained to analyze and develop business models in this context. Furthermore, they are challenged as “entrepreneurs” and able to hone their own start-up ideas.
Potential careers with this M.A.
The benefits of choosing Macromedia University
- Digital Media Manager;
- Project Manager in areas such as e-commerce, e-procurement, e-marketing, e-contracting, e-distribution, e-payment;
- Social Media Business Manager;
- Media Consultant;
- Advertising Account Executive.
- Top position in CHE Ranking 2014/15.
- Small classes with intensive, individual supervision.
- Globally recognized, state-approved degrees, accredited by FIBAA.
- Campuses in Cologne, Berlin & Munich; the latter two are in the Top 10 “Best Student Cities 2017” ranking by Top Universities.
- Authentic, practice-oriented projects with over 500 well-known companies.
- Highly qualified professors and industry insiders as lecturers.
- International students from all continents.
- Career perspectives in Germany: 18 months visa after successful graduation.
- Master’s degree over three days a week (e.g. from Thursday to Saturday).
- Buddy network for international students.
- Campus locations situated in the very center of Germany’s industrial locations.
- A worldwide network of Partner Universities.
There are 15-20 places available for all Master’s degree courses at Macromedia University, Graduate School. Applicants need to provide the following documentation:
- University/B.A. degree with at least 180 ECTS (eligible for three-semester Master's).
- University/B.A. degree with at least 210 ECTS (eligible for four-semester Master's).
- TOEFL test (at least 72 out of 120 points) or IELTS (at least 6.0 out of 9); equivalent qualifications may also be accepted, as applicable.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Letter of recommendation (from your lecturer or employer).
- Personal motivation statement.
All MA programmes start in March and October and are offered as full-time programmes with a duration of three and four semesters. MA lectures usually take place three days per week during lecture times.
Following the non-consecutive philosophy of the Macromedia University Graduate School, we welcome graduates from all different branches and not only from a media and/or design background. You are required to provide a recognized undergraduate degree, but not necessarily from the same subject area, you plan to take your MA degree in. All Master’s degree courses comply with the EU Master Qualification Criteria and the European Credit Point System. They are accredited by FIBAA. The programmes are subject to the General Examination Regulations for Graduate Master’s degree programmes and the respective course and examination regulations.
Registration deadline: Summer term: Non-EU 15/01; EU 15/02
Ask us a question!
Our Student Advisors are always happy to answer your questions. You can use our online chat or contact us via WhatsApp to talk to us. You can also give us a call or use the information request form on our international website www.macromedia-university.com. We look forward to getting to know you.
Program taught in: