Master in Digital Marketing
This one academic year intensive professional training program is designed to produce professionals in the field of Digital Marketing. This program is likely to be a particular benefit to students studying courses in hospitality, tourism, advertising, business, mass media, marketing, communication, public relations and related subjects where an appreciation of e-commerce, e-marketing, e-advertising, social media is required. Digital marketing is a professional field of practice that requires strong verbal and written communication skills, accuracy and attention to detail, excellent teamwork skills and at the same time able to work independently, capacity to carry multiple projects simultaneously, creative skills to provide innovative ideas, ability to work under pressure and respect deadlines, good knowledge of networking and analytical skills.
The main course teaching language is English. The study plan includes a 240-hour module to study a foreign language to choose from Spanish for foreigners, French or Russian. After the theoretic modules are completed, all students have the option to complete an internship period in local or located abroad companies.
This training has been specially devised to teach you all the information and skills you need to become a successful digital marketing manager. Instruction is in the form of lectures, learning objectives, case studies and questions of consideration, key ideas, activities and individual assignments. An examination is in the form of written exams and individual and group assignments and workshop exercises. Discussed at classroom case studies cover different professional areas, from Tourism Industry to Retail sector, this will help to choose the specialization sphere to work in.
All foreign students have to do a Spanish language preparation module to take one of the official state exams of Spanish for Foreigners, DELE or SIELE Global, of the correspondent level A1, A2, B1, B2 or C1. HTL International School is an accredited DELE and SIELE examination center of the Instituto Cervantes.
This one academic year program provides students with the expertise and professionalism required to succeed in the fast-paced and exciting industry of digital marketing (e-marketing).
This area of studies is open to all graduates; however, it may be particularly useful for graduates from hospitality and tourism, advertising, media and communications, business and technology, creative design, e-business, journalism, marketing spheres.
Digital marketers are involved in developing an organization’s multi-channel communication strategies.
Key areas include:
- social media marketing: developing a distinct online presence by attracting high numbers of internet followers through social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.
- search engine optimization (SEO): developing strategies to increase the number of visitors to a website by getting high-ranking placements in search results.
- pay per click (PPC) campaigns: sponsored online advertising paid for by the business to appear alongside non-paid search results.
- mobile marketing includes app-based, in-game, location-based and SMS marketing.
- affiliate marketing: where a business allows other businesses (affiliates) to sell products on their website. The affiliate is paid commission for each customer brought to the website by their own marketing strategies.
- Digital marketers may work across several areas or specialize in a few depending on the requirements of the organization.
The program blends the on-campus theory with the online study platform and in-company practical internship.
On successfully completing this Professional Program of Study you will:
1. Be awarded the
- Master Degree in Digital Marketing
- DELE Diploma or SIELE Global (Spanish Language for Foreigners official diplomas) or
- French/Russian Language Level Certificate
2. Have attained an accredited qualification for managerial and supervisory levels showing you possess competence in professional work activities.
3. Have attained a high-level qualification equated to the International studies framework as a Master Degree or Master Universitario according to the Spanish National framework.
Module I: Introduction to Digital Marketing
- Understanding the Internet
- Situating digital in marketing
Module II. Developing strategic marketing plans
- Digital Marketing Strategy
- Market Research
- Content Marketing Strategy
Module III. Understanding opportunities and challenges of the web
- User Experience Design
- Web Development and Design
- Writing for Digital
Module IV. Driving traffic and building relationships
- Customer Relationship Management
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- Search Advertising
- Online Advertising
- Affiliate Marketing
- Video Marketing
- Social Media Channels
- Social Media Strategy
- Email Marketing
Module V. Using data to optimize
- Data Analytics
- Conversion Optimisation
Module VI. Foreign Language Intensive Course I (Spanish, French or Russian)
- Official DELE exam of Spanish for Foreigners preparation module
- General French or Russian Language test according to the initial entrance level
Module VII. Spanish/French/Russian Language for the Tourism Sector Module
Module VIII. Final Project
- Project design
- Research tools
- Personal reflection
- Appropriate questionnaire designs
- Conducting academic research, literature search, and review
- Developing a research question, hypothesis and methodology
- Managing a research project IV: Production and Operation Management
Module IX: Internship
- Interdisciplinary Exam
- Official Exam of Spanish Language for Foreigners DELE or SIELE
- French/Russian language exam
*One academic hour: 45 minutes
Many large and medium-sized companies have an in-house marketing and communications department, which offers digital marketing services in addition to traditional marketing support. Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) may outsource their marketing to agencies or have smaller marketing teams.
Opportunities exist within all sectors including:
- automobile sector
- event management
- computing and software
- fast moving consumer goods (FMCG)
- financial services
- higher and further education
- home entertainment
- hospitality industry
- online travel agencies
- online booking services
- media and publishing
- online media
- airlines/transportation, etc
- digital marketing assistant
- digital marketing executive
- digital coordinator/manager
- junior digital marketing role
- account executive
- digital account director
To enroll in the Master Degree, it is necessary:
- to fill the online application form below
- submit the requested documents:
- passport copy
- last studies transcript
- English level certificate, if any. If you don’t have any proof of your English level, you have to fill the online placement test to be completed online before the online application is done.
5 Reasons To Choose HTL International School
- All programs are given in English.
- All programs include an intensive teaching of Spanish from any level. You don’t need to know Spanish when you enroll in the program.
- All programs include paid training practices. We have many offers from national and international companies asking for trainees.
- You can switch campuses, to be able to learn the geography of Spain.
- The price of the program is 50% cheaper than in any other schools.
Instruction language: ENGLISH
Second language: SPANISH. for Foreigners, FRENCH or RUSSIAN
1 Year Professional Program
Intakes: October, January, April, July
Timetable: mornings or evenings
Load hours: minimum 72 ECTS
Enrolment fee: 200 euros
Tuition fee: 3.000 euros or 2 installment payments of 1.750 euros (only for non-visa students)
This school offers programs in:
Last updated April 25, 2018