In the Master in Design and Art Direction you will become an art director capable of unifying corporate messages in a creative, sensitive and direct way, and you will be responsible for the aesthetic strategy of the projects.
ELISAVA Barcelona School of Design and Engineering","author_url":"","source":"©ELISAVA Barcelona School of Design and Engineering"}" />
- Qualification: Master in Design and Art Direction, own title issued by the Pompeu Fabra University (UPF).
- Direction: Jordi Cano, Beatriu Malaret
- ECTS credits: 60
- Duration: October 2020 to July 2021; February 2021 to February 2022; Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 17: 00-21: 15.
- Price: € 10,000 (+ € 450 pre-registration)
- Language: Spanish
- Access and admission requirements: Official university degree or equivalent to Graphic Design, Audiovisual Communication, Advertising, Fine Arts.
In the Master in Design and Art Direction, he knows the role of the art director , as well as his complex task of visual and graphic conceptualization of messages in the current context.
In the very near future, every company will require an art director , responsible for the aesthetic strategy, who unifies corporate messages and helps the company to connect with its client in the most sensitive and direct way possible.
The Art Director conceptualizes and directs. He is the creative person in charge of the visual and graphic conception of the messages, who is primarily concerned with defining the aesthetic strategy. Research and develop the specific universe of visual references to propose and direct specialists, graphic designers, photographers, illustrators, architects, filmmakers ... to control the aesthetic unity of the project.
The Master in Design and Art Direction aims to train professionals capable of having a strategic and global vision of communication, mastering the skills and functions of the art director, in order to create and direct projects in the field of visual messages.
- Train new professionals with a strategic vision and thinking towards communication and design, to achieve real and efficient solutions to the problems posed.
- Highlight the central role of strategic communication as a factor of analysis, differentiation and positioning, both for private sector organizations and for those of the public sector.
- Stimulate students' skills and equip them with tools so that they can design a global and multi-channel strategic action.
- Carry out practical exercises in real contexts, reflecting on the changes and trends that the new media (Paid, Owned, Earned) are incorporating in matters of communication and design.
- Train professionals at a theoretical and practical level within the creation and direction of projects in the visual field, with the aim of mastering the skills and functions of the art director.
- Promote immersion in audiovisual culture, fostering multidisciplinarity and the interrelation of languages and creative platforms (music, theater, cinema, photography, audiovisual resources, performance).
- Establish different lines of theoretical and practical work for the analysis and control of the efficiency of the audiovisual persuasive message.
- Ability to plan a comprehensive multi-channel strategic communication project, from diagnosis to final presentation.
- Ability to analyze the environment, based on communication needs, determining which are the key elements, the groups of interest and the processes that intervene directly and indirectly in the sphere of our action and specify a Value Proposition.
- Ability to understand, assimilate and use the diversity of languages, supports and channels with the aim of articulating comprehensive communication strategies capable of connecting customers with their users.
- Ability to understand the bases of communication at the biological level and apply them in persuasive projects.
- Ability to apply and adapt the different knowledge implicit in the design discipline in different communication devices with a predefined purpose.
- Ability to establish your own criteria, in making decisions in creative processes and argue them after analyzing and comparing different possibilities.
- Ability to understand the different audiovisual records, through their morphological and semantic attributes and apply them in creative projects.
- Skill in generating new possible worlds from disruptive project methods.
- Ability to coordinate or lead multidisciplinary teams that work around a specific project, generating an instructional, clear and stimulating edition.
- Skills in exposing, arguing and presenting projects in public.
- Teamwork ability and role acceptance in complex situations.
About the School
ELISAVA Barcelona School of Design and Engineering is a university center founded in 1961 and it is the oldest school of design in Spain. ELISAVA is among the 100 best schools of design and architectu ... Read More