Do you want to learn how to design human-centered products and services?
By tackling the unknown for business our students acquire the skills to learn from people, find patterns, use design principles, and turn ideas into tangible objects and devices. They learn to work in teams, to be user-focused and optimistic. Students are not only trained to work in a purely creative environment. The skills they learn enable them to think outside the box and solve problems for diverse groups and industries.
Design thinking employs a variety of different methods and approaches: from creative industries to finding solutions to existing problems and challenges while keeping business purposes in mind.
Design thinking is directly related to management and marketing. Students gain expertise in design thinking through specialized courses and projects and also through the topics they choose for their Master’s thesis.
Potential careers with this M.A.
- Product Developer
- Service Developer
- Product Manager
- Service Manager
The benefits of choosing Macromedia University
- Top position in CHE Ranking 2014/15.
- Small classes with intensive, individual supervision.
- Globally recognized, state-approved degrees, accredited by FIBAA.
- Campuses in Cologne, Berlin & Munich; the latter two are in the Top 10 “Best Student Cities 2017” ranking by Top Universities.
- Authentic, practice-oriented projects with over 500 well-known companies.
- Highly qualified professors and industry insiders as lecturers.
- International students from all continents.
- Career perspectives in Germany: 18 months visa after successful graduation.
- Master’s degree over three days a week (e.g. from Thursday to Saturday).
- Pre-Semester course available online.
- Several Programs entirely in English.
- Campus locations situated in the very center of Germany’s industrial locations.
- A worldwide network of Partner Universities.
Terms of admission
There are 15-20 places available for all Master’s degree courses at Macromedia University, Graduate School. Applicants need to provide the following documentation:
- University/B.A. degree with at least 180 ECTS (eligible for Pre-Semester).
- University/B.A. degree with at least 210 ECTS (eligible for M.A. program).
- TOEFL test (at least 72 out of 120 points) or IELTS (at least 6.0 out of 9); equivalent qualifications may also be accepted, as applicable.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Letter of recommendation (from your lecturer or employer).
- Personal motivation statement.
The Pre-Semester is a foundation for applicants with less than 210 ECTS from their Bachelor’s degree. It is offered in English on the Munich and Berlin campus' every October.
The MA programs start subsequently in March. Alternatively, students with under 210 ECTS can do an online Pre-Semester, starting in March, together with their M.A. program. The workload for the first two out of three terms will be significantly higher, but students have the possibility to acquire the complete MA degree in just three terms.
All MA programs start in March and are offered as full-time programs with a duration of three semesters (1.5 years). MA lectures usually take place three days per week during lecture times.
The Pre-Semester (presence in class) begins in October with a duration of one semester (30 ECTS in 0.5 years), which you study before joining the MA Program.
The online Pre-Semester begins in March, at the same time as your MA program. The duration is two semesters (30 ECTS in one year parallel to your full-time MA).
Following the non-consecutive philosophy of the Macromedia University Graduate School, we welcome graduates from all different branches and not only from a media and/or design background. You are required to provide a recognized undergraduate degree, but not necessarily from the same subject area, you plan to take your MA degree in.
All Master’s degree courses comply with the EU Master Qualification Criteria and the European Credit Point System. They are accredited by FIBAA. The programs are subject to the General Examination Regulations for Graduate Master’s degree programs and the respective course and examination regulations.
Registration deadline: Summer term: Non-EU 15/12; EU 15/02
Ask us a question!
We want to hear from you and would be happy to answer any questions you may have. Visit our international website to find out more: www.macromedia-university.com. Get in touch with us via our online chat, or contact us via WhatsApp or the information request form. We want to help you find the perfect study program for your dream career.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 6, 2018