Do you want to create, manage and lead design process-driven organizations?
Design thinking is at the core of this programme. It is practiced in interdisciplinary teams and applied to real-time projects with the industry where design and management merge into innovation. In creative professions, the demand for management knowledge and qualifications has risen sharply in recent years.
The Master’s course in Design Management is aimed primarily at designers who wish to apply a comprehensive understanding of design to real tasks and processes. Ideal professionals distinguish themselves through broad expertise and indepth knowledge.
Therefore, applicants from completely different backgrounds are welcome, be they engineers, natural scientists or creative people. During their studies, the Master’s degree students learn to adopt a management and design perspective – in short, they foster innovations through “Design Thinking”.
Design Thinking describes a method used to create innovative solutions and solve complex problems. Basically, it is all about creative but systematic processes. Key ingredients are optimism and empathy, experimentation and holistic thinking.
Within interdisciplinary teams, Master’s degree students develop solutions to problems in the area of design, be they in relation to strategy design, service design or human centered design.
The benefits of choosing Macromedia University
- Top position in CHE Ranking 2014/15.
- Small classes with intensive, individual supervision.
- Globally recognized, state-approved degrees, accredited by FIBAA.
- Campuses in Cologne, Berlin & Munich; the latter two are in the Top 10 “Best Student Cities 2017” ranking by Top Universities.
- Authentic, practice-oriented projects with over 500 well-known companies.
- Highly qualified professors and industry insiders as lecturers.
- International students from all continents.
- Career perspectives in Germany: 18 months visa after successful graduation.
- Master’s degree over three days a week (e.g. from Thursday to Saturday).
- Programmes taught entirely in English.
- Campus locations situated in the very center of Germany’s industrial locations.
- A worldwide network of partner universities.
Terms of admission
There are 15-20 places available for all Master’s degree courses at Macromedia University, Graduate School. Applicants need to provide the following documentation:
- University/B.A. degree with at least 180 ECTS (eligible for four-semester Master's).
- University/B.A. degree with at least 210 ECTS (eligible for three-semester Master's).
- TOEFL test (at least 72 out of 120 points) or IELTS (at least 6.0 out of 9); equivalent qualifications may also be accepted, as applicable.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Letter of recommendation (from your lecturer or employer).
- Personal motivation statement.
All MA programmes start in March and October and are offered as full-time programmes with a duration of three and four semesters. MA lectures usually take place three days per week during lecture times.
Important information Following the non-consecutive philosophy of the Macromedia University Graduate School, we welcome graduates from all different branches and not only from a media and/or design background.
You are required to provide a recognized undergraduate degree, but not necessarily from the same subject area, you plan to take your MA degree in. All Master’s degree courses comply with the EU Master Qualification Criteria and the European Credit Point System. They are accredited by FIBAA.
The programmes are subject to the General Examination Regulations for Graduate Master’s degree programmes and the respective course and examination regulations.
Registration deadline: Summer term: Non-EU 15/12; EU 15/02
Ask us a question!
We want to hear from you and would be happy to answer any questions you may have. Visit our international website to find out more: www.macromedia-university.com. Get in touch with us via our online chat, or contact us via WhatsApp or the information request form. We want to help you find the perfect study programme for your dream career.
About the School
Choosing a university is a decision of a lifetime. It's the place where you lay the foundation for your future career network and where you discover your chosen area of work and start to mould your pr ... Read More