Do you want to create, manage and lead design process-driven organizations?
Design thinking is at the core of this program. It is practiced in interdisciplinary teams and applied to real-time projects with the industry where design and management merge into innovation. In creative professions, the demand for management knowledge and qualifications has risen sharply in recent years.
The Master’s course in Design Management is aimed primarily at designers who wish to apply a comprehensive understanding of design to real tasks and processes. Ideal professionals distinguish themselves through broad expertise and indepth knowledge.
Therefore, applicants from a completely different background are welcome, be they engineers, natural scientists or creative people. During their studies, the Master’s degree students learn to adopt a management and design perspective – in short, they foster innovations through “Design Thinking”.
Design Thinking describes a method used to create innovative solutions and solve complex problems. Basically, it is all about creative but systematic processes. Key ingredients are optimism and empathy, experimentation and holistic thinking.
Within interdisciplinary teams, Master’s degree students develop solutions to problems in the area of design, be they in relation to strategy design, service design or human centered design.
The benefits of choosing Macromedia University
- Top position in CHE Ranking 2014/15.
- Small classes with intensive, individual supervision.
- Globally recognized, state-approved degrees, accredited by FIBAA.
- Campuses in Cologne, Berlin & Munich; the latter two are in the Top 10 “Best Student Cities 2017” ranking by Top Universities.
- Authentic, practice-oriented projects with over 500 well-known companies.
- Highly qualified professors and industry insiders as lecturers.
- International students from all continents.
- Career perspectives in Germany: 18 months visa after successful graduation.
- Master’s degree over three days a week (e.g. from Thursday to Saturday).
- Pre-Semester course available online.
- Several Programs entirely in English.
- Campus locations situated in the very center of Germany’s industrial locations.
- A worldwide network of Partner Universities.
Terms of admission There are 15-20 places available for all Master’s degree courses at Macromedia University, Graduate School. Applicants need to provide the following documentation:
- University/B.A. degree with at least 180 ECTS (eligible for Pre-Semester).
- University/B.A. degree with at least 210 ECTS (eligible for M.A. program).
- TOEFL test (at least 72 out of 120 points) or IELTS (at least 6.0 out of 9); equivalent qualifications may also be accepted, as applicable.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Letter of recommendation (from your lecturer or employer).
- Personal motivation statement.
The Pre-Semester is a foundation for applicants with less than 210 ECTS from their Bachelor’s degree. It is offered in English on the Munich and Berlin campus' every October.
The MA programs start subsequently in March. Alternatively, students with under 210 ECTS can do an online Pre-Semester, starting in March, together with their M.A. program.
The workload for the first two out of three terms will be significantly higher, but students have the possibility to acquire the complete MA degree in just three terms.
All MA programs start in March and are offered as full-time programs with a duration of three semesters (1.5 years). MA lectures usually take place three days per week during lecture times.
The Pre-Semester (presence in class) begins in October with a duration of one semester (30 ECTS in 0.5 years), which you study before joining the MA Program.
The online Pre-Semester begins in March, at the same time as your MA program. The duration is two semesters (30 ECTS in one year parallel to your full-time MA).
Important information Following the non-consecutive philosophy of the Macromedia University Graduate School, we welcome graduates from all different branches and not only from a media and/or design background.
You are required to provide a recognized undergraduate degree, but not necessarily from the same subject area, you plan to take your MA degree in. All Master’s degree courses comply with the EU Master Qualification Criteria and the European Credit Point System. They are accredited by FIBAA.
The programs are subject to the General Examination Regulations for Graduate Master’s degree programs and the respective course and examination regulations.
Registration deadline: Summer term: Non-EU 15/12; EU 15/02
Ask us a question!
We want to hear from you and would be happy to answer any questions you may have. Visit our international website to find out more: www.macromedia-university.com. Get in touch with us via our online chat, or contact us via WhatsApp or the information request form. We want to help you find the perfect study program for your dream career.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 6, 2018