Our master's program is a unique combination of solid mathematical background and computer science applications. Not only will you learn how to use tools, such as deep neural networks, but you will gain a profound understanding of why they work.
Our staff is specialists from different subfields of data science: statistics, machine learning, optimization, analysis of big data, processing of natural language. We have both solid academic experience but we also advise companies on how data science can be used to increase their profits. We offer small groups (15 people enrolled yearly) and an individual approach to each student.
Only three courses (Machine Learning, Numerical Optimization, Statistical Learning) are obligatory. They will give you the necessary foundations for pursuing knowledge in more advanced courses. As a student of our department, you could also broaden your horizons by taking supplementary courses, e.g., algorithms or optimization. Don’t worry: we’ll advise you what courses to study next!
Our graduates find jobs in top companies in Silicon Valley (Google, Microsoft & Facebook), work at top universities (MIT), and found prospective startups.
Our students participate in data science projects from the very beginning of their studies. You will gain invaluable hands-on experience already before graduating.
- The document certifying that you completed degree(s) from your country of study (with Polish or English translations).
- The document(s) describing the course of studies, courses attended, and grades (with Polish or English translations).
- A certificate confirming English Language knowledge on the B2 level (if the candidate is not a native speaker). More information about English Language requirements:
- The application/cover letter: It must include sections:
- Why Data Science
- My scientific purpose
- My previous experience with Data Science
(if you took part in some related projects, presented your research at conferences, have some projects on GitHub, etc. please mention it in your cover letter).
- At least one recommendation letter from a professor or an employer. The letter must be sent by this person directly to email@example.com (with Subject: “Data Science: a recommendation letter”)
The deadline for Stage 1: July 10th, 2021.
About the School
The University of Wroc?aw has a rich history of more than three centuries. Founded by Leopold I Habsburg the university evolved from a modest school run by Jesuits into one of the biggest academic ins ... Read More