Why study Data Science (DSC) at EIT Digital Master School?
You will acquire in-depth technical skills in scalable data collection techniques and data analysis methods. You will learn how to use and develop a suite of tools and technologies that address data capture, processing, storage, transfer, analysis, visualization, and related concepts (e.g., data access, data pricing, and data privacy).
The curriculum combines the technical major in Data Science (DSC) (Technical major 75%) with a minor in Innovation & Entrepreneurship (I&E) (business minor 25%). You will learn how to bring innovation to the market and how to develop a successful business model. These additional entrepreneurial skills will give you your ticket to a successful career.
How is the programme structured?
- Students study in two different European countries.
- Upon completion, graduates receive two MSc degrees from the two universities they will have studied at and a certificate awarded by the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT).
- The first year is similar at all entry points. All students participate in a 3-day business challenge in digital innovation.
- 2-week summer school between the first year and the second year
- The second year offers specialization and a graduation project. The graduation project includes an internship at a company or a research institute and results in a Master thesis with a strong innovation and entrepreneurship dimension.
Where can you study Data Science?
- Distributed Systems and Data Mining for Big Data (KTH)
- Design, Implementation, and Usage of Data Science Instruments (TUB)
- Business Process Intelligence (TU/e)
- Multimedia and Web Science for Big Data (UCA)
- Infrastructures for Large Scale Data Management and Analysis (UPM)
- Machine Learning, Big Data Management, and Business Analytics (Aalto)
- Real-time Data Analytics (ELTE)
- Natural language processing (UPS)
- Variety and Veracity for Big Data (UNITN)
Who can apply?
If you wish to apply to this programme you must have a Bachelor of Science in, or be in your final year of studies of:
- Computer Science
- Information Systems
- Electrical Engineering / Electronics
How can you apply?
Our academic year starts in August-October depending on your choice of university.
Application period one: November 15, 2019 - February 3, 2020*
Application period two: February 17 - April 17, 2020
* We recommend non-EU citizens to apply in period one to allow sufficient time for a visa.
Applications are made through our online Application Portal, on our website.
Tuition Fees and Scholarships
Standard tuition fees are set at 1,500EUR per year for EU citizens and 12,000EUR per year for non-EU citizens.
To attract outstanding talent, EIT Digital Master School offers a limited number of merit-based scholarships in the form of tuition fee waivers and monthly living allowances.
About the School
Get an excellent theoretical education as well as the opportunity to work with European top research facilities and leading business partners. The education includes an internship in which students, t ... Read More