This Master's program is for training qualified specialists able to formalize subject areas and assess the complexity of designed and implemented information systems of data management on the basis of system analysis; design and develop applied information systems with modern means of information technology using techniques of a formalized description of system models, techniques of simulation and statistical modeling, data mining techniques, etc; implement and assist applied information systems at enterprises and institutions of various profiles and activities.
The aim of the higher education program in the direction of training 09.04.02 «Information Systems and Technologies» is a professional training of graduates in accordance with the current level and trends in the sphere of information systems and technologies, shaping technically skilled and cooperating specialist.
Mastering the educational program allows its graduates conduct research, development, implementation, and maintenance of the information technologies and data management systems; possess and develop common cultural, common professional, professional competencies contributing their social mobility and stable demand of the labor market.
Admission requirements (documents, qualification):
- Nationally recognized certificate or diploma in general (complete) education or secondary vocational education.
- Successful passing of admissions exams.
- thorough knowledge of information systems and technologies, a certified bachelor's (or specialist's) degree.
The structure of the Master's program includes a compulsory (basic) part and a variation part. The Master's program consists of the following blocks:
- «Disciplines» (modules)
- «State final examination»
The study plan contains a list of disciplines (modules), the certification tests practices, the student’s state final certification, other types of educational activities, indicating their amount in credits and hours, sequence and distribution by periods of studies.
1st semester. 30 credit units
- Application of Mathematical Logic in Control Systems
- Software Decision System Support
- Techniques of Research and Modeling for Information Processes and Technologies (part 1)
- Organization and Management of Information Systems Research and Educational Activities
- System Engineering (part 1)
- Parallel Computing
- Elective course 1: Distributed Information Systems or Document-oriented Databases
2nd semester. 30 credit units
- Techniques of Research and Modeling for Information Processes and Technologies (part 2)
- System Engineering (part 2)
- Educational practice
- Elective course 2: Analysis of Documentation Processing Systems or Electronic Document Management Systems
- Elective course 3: Web- programming or Service-oriented Information Systems
- Elective course 4: Inforcommunication Networks Analysis and Design or Analysis and Design of Information Systems
- Elective course 5: Advanced Logic or Hardware Acceleration of Modern Information Systems or Web-programming
3rd semester. 30 credits
- Applying Databases in High-Performance Information Systems
- Modern Trends in Information Systems Development
- Artificial Intelligence Systems
- Analysis and Optimization of Business Processes
- Elective course 6: Web-Mining or Mathematical and Software Methods of Signal Processing or Methods and Models of Time Series Analysis
4th semester. 30 credits
- Graduate Qualification Work
Graduate qualification works are completed developments solving scientific or technical problems in the field of information systems and technologies. Examples:
- Analysis of modern systems of content management and websites on CMS Wordpress base
- development of an information system for distance video monitoring in a warehouse complex
- bitmask-based development of artistic style transferring algorithm and analysis of transferring technologies of graphical attributes
- analysis of artificial neural network architecture and classifier education on limited MNIST dataset
Equipment and facilities
for the Master's program 04.09.02 "Information systems and technologies" include training laboratories and classrooms with computers with single-core multi-core, parallel, associative processors connected to a local network with Internet access. Each discipline and course is equipped with the appropriately licensed software. There are also lecture rooms and specialized laboratories with up-to-date equipment, classrooms for seminars, course projects, group and individual consultations, process control/ monitoring, and midterm assessment, and a set of demonstration equipment and educational visual training aids.
- Professional activity of graduates in the area of training 09.04.02 «Information systems and technologies» include research, development, and implementation of information technologies and systems.
- Objects to apply data management systems are companies in the sphere of industry, agriculture, energy, transport, trade, medicine, education, etc.; technologies, production and business processes covering all stages of the life cycle of information systems.
Program taught in: