What is the Master in Cybersecurity?
In an environment of continuous digital transformation, dominated by increasing cybersecurity attacks and tougher security and data protection regulations, the demand for engineers with a good background in cybersecurity is huge and growing.
The ICAI Master in Cybersecurity responds to the real needs of the different sectors where security is one of the fundamental pillars of the business, and in a scenario where cybersecurity directly impacts any sector of activity, size and type of organization. , and even on a personal level. This program has been created at the request of collaborating companies, covering training needs in all aspects that each sector finds most relevant. It is a mainly face-to-face master's degree, with the participation of ICAI's own faculty and the best security specialists from all business sectors, the public administration and the state's security forces and bodies.
This program allows you to apply for paid internships in relevant companies, which helps to finance the master's degree and guarantees the good quality of the master's thesis, which will have an important component of real application. It also allows you to have the basic knowledge to qualify for certifications in different areas of security.
Practical training in direct contact with relevant companies
It is not only adapted for Undergraduate students who wish to complete their cybersecurity training, but also, given its eminent practical orientation, it is adapted for the continuous training of professionals who already work in different fields of engineering and wish or require to become specialists in cybersecurity.
Photo by TheDigitalArtist / pixabay
Admission process and criteria
Regarding the body that will carry out the admission process for this master:
- Admission is the responsibility of the director of the ETS of Engineering ICAI, assisted by the Delegate Submission of Admissions.
- The Delegate Admissions Subcommittee is made up of the Head of Studies of the Master and the Academic Deputy Director. When necessary, advice will be requested from the directors of the departments involved in the master.
The application for admission must be submitted within the period specified for this purpose, in a standard model, and accompanied by all the documents proving compliance with the access requirements.
In the case of applicants who have not obtained the degree in our school, the student must submit a resume, a letter of intent and two letters of recommendation along with the admission application form and the aforementioned supporting documentation. In this case, the Delegate Admissions Subcommittee may request an interview with the applicant.
There are no specific tests for access to the title, in any case, if the candidate's profile does not conform to that recommended, admission may establish prior training supplements.
- Academic record, which implicitly includes the suitability of the studies carried out and the prestige of the university of origin (80%)
- Cover letters and, if applicable, optional personal interview of the candidate with those responsible for the master's degree.
- Other relevant information about the candidate's academic and professional career (10%).
- Knowledge of the English language accrediting at least level B2 (10%). Not having this minimum level may mean not admitting to the program.
When the student interested in access presents some type of physical disability , they can have information and personalized support by going to the Social Work Unit. This university service develops, among others, a Program of Attention to Students with Disabilities at the head of which is a social worker. Information about this program is accessible on the page where you can find resources and technical and social aids to help you in your integration into the university in relation to your specific needs. There is available the document "Access test adaptation request" in which you can explain your needs in the admission process.
- Master Classes. Sector cybersecurity
- Cybersecurity in Industry and Critical Infrastructures
- Cryptography, Electronic signature and Blockchain
- Government, Risk and Security Compliance
- Machine Learning / Advanced Analytics
- Security and Mobility Management
- Intrusion test and vulnerability management
- Ethics: privacy and hacking
- Artificial Intelligence Applied to Cybersecurity
- Regulatory and Legislative Framework. Data privacy
- Forensic Monitoring, Detection and Analysis
- Application Security
- Security in the Data Center and in the cloud
- Final Master's Project
- Recently graduated in Industrial Engineering, Telecommunication Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mathematical Sciences or Physical Sciences.
- Previous knowledge of programming in at least one of the programming languages (Matlab, C / C ++, Java, R, Python, etc.)
- Minimum level of English B2.
Requirements and documentation
Academic record: suitability of the studies carried out and the prestige of the university of origin (80%).
Cover letters and personal interview with those responsible for the master. Other relevant information about the candidate's academic and professional career (10%).
English language accrediting at least level B2 (10%). Not having this minimum level may mean not admitting to the program.
In the case of applicants who have not obtained the degree in our school, the student must submit:
- Application form for admission duly completed
- Curriculum vitae
- Photocopy of ID or passport
- Title (legalized in the case of foreign degrees)
- Academic record
- Certificate of English level (if available) a letter of intent
The objective of this master's degree is to train experts who respond to the current demand of all sectors where cybersecurity is critical. This program provides the necessary training, with a very practical component, and having great experts from all sectors, which allows our graduates to access positions of responsibility in security in a wide variety of settings.
The most relevant jobs would be:
- Consultant Auditor of Compliance and Data Privacy
- Technological Risk Analyst Consultant
- Business Continuity Consultant
- Cybersecurity Systems and Technologies Engineer.
- Cybersecurity Incident Operator and Analyst.
- Ethical Network Hacker
- Pentester (entrance test)
- Computer Forensic Analyst
After some years of experience in the company, the MCS training allows access to the following positions of responsibility:
- Chief Information Security
- DPO. Data Protection Officer
- CDO. Chief Data Officer
- CIO. Chief Information Officer
Our students think
Many people like you are already making the most of their master's degree. Know their experience.
It has allowed me to specialize in a booming sector with many job opportunities.
An excellent training that provides the basis for developing a successful professional career in a sector demanded by companies.
Studies that allow you to express yourself to the maximum and that perfectly respond to the needs of the market given its international perspective.
About the School
The ICAI School of Engineering is a Polytechnic School located in Madrid with a long tradition teaching Engineering that began in 1908. ICAI offer 2-year Master’s Degrees in Industrial Engineering (in ... Read More