Master in Cybersecurity
Currently, information is one of the most valuable assets, both for organizations and for individuals, so that privacy, confidentiality, integrity and accessibility of data has become an imperative in this society.
The growing electronic storage capacity of all types of information, as well as technology, coupled with the increase in cyber threats, have made the figure of the cybersecurity specialist an indispensable professional to ensure the correct operation in all types of companies in this hyperconnected world.
In Mexico, the deficit of experts in the subject is alarming. That is why the Tecnológico de Monterrey creates the Master in Cybersecurity, a program that seeks to develop in an engineer the skills of transformational leadership, as well as professional and analytical skills to perform successfully in the area of cybersecurity.
- Graduates of professional engineering or science careers with excellent academic backgrounds, who have a great interest in knowing the necessary methods to protect the information of organizations, as well as to solve challenges of this discipline.
- Graduates of professional engineering or science careers with communication skills, capable of working under strict ethical standards, open to new ways of assimilating knowledge and demonstrating great intellectual curiosity.
Objective of the Program
Train experts to lead the cybersecurity office that are agents of change in organizations, capable of innovating to solve challenges and promote technological development in the areas of cybersecurity. With skills to design, operate, propose and manage projects to protect information using formal techniques.
Benefits of Studying This Program
- Teachers who have worked as professionals and / or consultants, recognized as leaders nationally and internationally.
- Program developed by a mixture of academic experts and consultants with extensive experience in cybersecurity projects within the industry.
- Highly practical curriculum that contemplates that students develop projects in the organizations in which they work.
- Students will graduate with two diploma courses of high specialty, as well as their master's degree.
- Networking and collaboration among high profile students that make up each generation of the master's degree.
- Tecnológico de Monterrey has accreditations such as: SACS *, CIEES, SEP and CONACYT **
* The Tecnológico de Monterrey is accredited by the Commission of Universities of the Association of Schools and Universities of the South of the United States to grant professional degrees and academic degrees of masters and doctorates. Contact the University Commission at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097, or call (1) 404-679-4500, for questions about the accreditation of the Tecnológico de Monterrey.
** Check the validity of the accreditation of our programs and their benefits according to the provisions of CONACYT, on the official page of the National Quality Postgraduate Program.
The Master in Security program is made up of basic courses in the discipline, courses according to the area of concentration and project subjects.
- Cybersecurity frames of reference
- Organizational structure of the cybersecurity office
- Cybersecurity operations
- Asset configuration and vulnerability management
- Management of the cybersecurity office
- Data protection management Innovation in cybersecurity technology
- Cybersecurity project: At the end of the course the student will be able to analyze cybersecurity problems, propose solutions and evaluate their effectiveness.
- Business cybersecurity project: At the end of the course the student will be able to analyze cybersecurity problems, propose solutions and evaluate their effectiveness in business organizations.
- Optional I
- Optional II
- Optional III
- Optional IV
- Optional V
Areas of Concentration
- Cybersecurity operations
- Information Security Management
- Cybersecurity Architecture
Optional courses to choose from
- Digital Forensics: Development and reporting of cybersecurity metrics.
- Response and incidents: Identification and investigation of cybersecurity incidents.
- Attacks in cyberspace: Management of cyber threats.
- Cybersecurity Intelligence
* Optional courses may change.
- Minimum average of 80 in the previous level studies.
- Obtain at least 550 points in the PAEP (Admission Test for Postgraduate Studies).
- Successful academic interview with the program director.
- Reason letter to enter the program.
Profile of the graduate
At the end of the program, the graduate will be able to:
- Apply formal methodologies to protect the data, information and knowledge of an organization.
- Analyze cybersecurity problems using appropriate formal reference models.
- Perform innovation of processes, products and services that provide relevant knowledge to solve challenges in the cybersecurity area.
- Communicate results of your professional work in a clear, effective and efficient manner.
- Skills to lead the information security office.