The MSc in Cyber Security and Management is designed for those wishing to develop a career as a cybersecurity professional, or to take a leading technical or managerial role in an organisation critically dependent upon data and information communication technology. It is suitable for those from a computer science or information technology education background or courses with a significant component of either. Work experience will also be considered.
The course is modular; each student takes a combination of core and elective modules. 9 modules are studied and assessed in total. Modules consist of nominally 40 hours directed tuition in the form of lectures, seminars, group work, presentations, case studies and e-learning. This is covered in a full-immersion, intensive week.
Modules are assessed by Post Module Assignment - this is typically a further 40 -60 hours of work.The taught modules account for 50% of the Master's degree. A major individual research project, submitted in the form of a dissertation accounts for the other 50%. This should take approximately 900 hours of study time. An oral examination is held upon completion.
For the current academic year (2018/19), the course comprises nine 10-credit modules and a 90-credit dissertation. Please note: Our course and module content and the schedule is continually reviewed and updated to reflect the latest research expertise at Warwick, so it is therefore very important that you check the website for the latest information before you apply and when you accept an offer. warwick.ac.uk/wmgmasters/csm
- Security Architectures and Network Defence
- Cryptosystems and Data Protection
- Information Risk Management and Governance
- Industrial Espionage and Counterfeiting
- Digital Forensics
Plus choose 3 from the list of modules below:
- Cyber Intelligence and Operations*
- Cyber-Physical Systems*
- Enterprise Cyber Security*
- Globalisation and Outsourcing
- Financial Analysis and Control Systems
- Organisations, People and Performance
* Modules required for the GCHQ Provisionally Certified Pathway Plus a ninth module from the full list of modules.
After you Graduate
- Graduates can expect to go on to work within corporate information - security and technology teams, consultancies, government information-security departments, management tracks in information critical organisations and cyber security related research.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 13, 2018