Master in Cultural Management
The Master’s Degree in Cultural Management is an on-campus academic program offered in Colombia with the possibility of accessing a double Master’s Degree in Art Market and Art-Related Companies Management granted by Universidad Antonio de Nebrija (Spain).
This master’s degree provides consultants, managers, entrepreneurs, government leaders and researchers with advanced knowledge and competencies in order to understand, design and manage cultural processes, programs and projects in governmental and private organizations.
It is aimed at responding to globalization demands modifying processes related to the creation, production, dissemination, consumption and appropriation of cultural goods and services. It also aims at contributing to the qualification of professionals involved in the administration and management of cultural companies, and even to the implementation of culture-related projects in order to develop managerial skills. The Master’s Degree in Cultural Management increases organizational management capacity and fosters business partnerships, research development generating and transferring knowledge in production chains, and the economic dimension of the cultural sector.
This Master’s Degree contributes to the value promise of Universidad EAN by focusing on a holistic and strategic vision to manage culture based on a practical perspective applied to the solution of the real difficulties faced by companies, and applied to cultural initiatives on a local, regional and national basis.
- Manage and advise governmental or private organizations or companies belonging to the cultural sector
- Manage consulting projects of national and international entities in terms of cultural and management projects.
- Lead areas related to the creation, production, circulation and consumption of culture under a strategic and global vision in order to comply with corporate objectives.
- Lead the design, management and development of innovative projects, products and services inside the cultural company or organization.
- Lead research projects applied to the management of cultural industries and/or cultural tourism.
- Manage resources and business skills to innovate when creating sustainable competitive advantages for the cultural company or sector.
- Develop sustainable business opportunities, and lead projects generating economic and social value.
The Master’s Degree in Cultural Management offers training based on competencies by applying the Educational Model of Universidad EAN. At aiming this, active learning methodologies will be applied in each study unit through on-campus sessions complementing individual work of autonomous learning and preparation. In addition, the model involves applied research through seminars integrating concepts and applying competencies, thus leading actual projects inside companies through the academic and business guidance of professors with experience in project management. Workshops, case studies, and applying exercises are developed throughout the academic program, thus integrating learning and practice inside companies or other organizations.
Study units integrate autonomous learning and intensive academic working sessions to be conducted after working hours. This modality allows students to harmonize their academic and professional commitments.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 23, 2017