MISSION OF THE MASTER PROGRAM “CULTURAL DIMENSION OF THE ARCTIC” is to create knowledge system about fundamental principles and regularities of processes and mechanisms of development and creation of cultural images of the Arctic, their scientific, philosophical, religious and mythological, art reconstruction, representation, interpretation, and broadcasting in modern society. The program will contribute to steady life support and activity of indigenous ethnic groups, preservation of ethnocultural diversity in the Arctic region.
PRELIMINARY LIST OF MAIN COURSES
- Technologies of complex monitoring of a sociocultural situation in the Arctic region. The Arctic as a special territory of heritage. Reserved ethnocultural landscapes of the Arctic.
- Traditional cultural practices of inhabitants of the Arctic region.
- Ethnocultural self-identification of indigenous people of the Arctic in the changing world: traditional values and modernization.
- Art development of the Arctic. Arctic art.
- Contemporary cultural practices: the Arctic tourism, ethno-art, design. Preservation and actualization of cultural heritage in the Arctic (historical and cultural monuments, objects of sea heritage, memorable places of polar expeditions; mentality, traditions, folklore).
BASIC PRINCIPLES OF THE PROGRAM:
- "Up-to-date information /actualization": the analysis of various aspects of Arctic culture is placed on the present, and not just on the past;
- "Transformation/process": changes of the ethnic, language, religious map of the Arctic it are considered as process;
- "Beyond borders/dialogue": historical and modern events are considered in the context of cultural dialogue;
- "Comparison/avoidance of generalizations": to avoid unjustified generalizations of the described situations the majority of subjects is considered in a comparative way.
Master program graduates can find a career in various cultural, social, educational and research fields. The program is tailored to produce best results in the following positions:
- Art Consultant
- Cultural Researcher
- Media Commentator
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 23, 2018