- Course title: Master in Creativity and Innovation
- Course code: PMCAIFTT8
- Postnominal: M. CI(Melit.)
- Level of qualification: Second Cycle
- National Qualifications Framework level: Level 7
- Duration: 3 Semesters
- Mode of attendance: Full-time
- Total ECTS credits: 90
- Coordinator: Leonie Baldacchino
- Delivered by: Edward de Bono Institute for the Design and Development of Thinking
This is an interdisciplinary programme designed to assist participants to expand their perception, employ creative skills, develop ideas individually and within teams, sustain a creative climate and manage innovation. It offers methods and processes which help to identify opportunities and cultivate appropriate skills and attitudes. It promotes imaginative, flexible and practical thought and action and improves the ability to respond practically and creatively to problems and opportunities. This programme attracts professionals from a broad base of disciplines from the local and international scene.
Admission and progression requirements
The Course shall be open to applicants in possession of a Bachelor degree from this University, or an equivalent qualification obtained from any other recognized university.
Info for applicants with international qualifications
UM currently hosts over 1,000 full-time international students and over 450 visiting students. The ever-increasing international students coming from various countries, in recent years, have transformed this 400-year old institution into an international campus.
Our international students generally describe Malta as a safe place, enjoying excellent weather and an all-year varied cultural programme. Malta is considered as the ideal place for students to study.
The International Office at UM provides information about admission, English language requirements, and comparability of qualifications. Dedicated personnel assist international students with visas, health tests, accommodation and other related issues.
Fees and funding
- Annual Enrolment Fee: Eur 400
- Total Tuition Fees: Eur 10,800
- Yr 1: Eur 10,800 - Yr 2: NIL
These tuition fees are quoted for indicative purposes only as they are based on the programme of studies of 2018/9.
The aim of the programme is to create a process to develop and promote imaginative, flexible and practical thought and action by:
- Developing a more creative attitude;
- Improving their ability to respond practically and creatively to problems and opportunities;
- Learning a variety of approaches designed to develop ideas, manage innovation and apply the knowledge and skills gained;
- Being better placed to help establish an organisational climate in which creativity, entrepreneurship and innovation can be fostered;
- Understanding a variety of approaches to restructuring organisations;
- Learning strategies to deal with the constantly changing landscape;
- Appreciating the contextual nature of knowledge.
Program taught in: