Learn photography to build a story, to travel inside, to share with your fellow travelers an authentic adventure: tell sensitive stories with light.
Creativity is inherent in the human condition. It is the evolution that humanity has suffered since its inception and marks its future. There are different ways to define creativity, but all of them revolve around the generation of original and innovative ideas as a fundamental part of the creative process.
Creative process (Logbook)
An important tool in the creative process is the logbook. Making an analogy with the logbook, the photographer notes or pastes in a notebook, all those events, ideas, concepts, cuts, situations, etc. In short, everything that catches your attention and that is the subject of your interest. The logbook becomes a method within the creative process, which can serve the photographer to generate original ideas, on which he will work.
You will also see other strategies and techniques, with which you want to provide the photographer with the way to get ideas that are valid within the process of photographic creation.
Creation of speech in photography
In photography, author photography is increasingly being established, that which defines a style based on a story or discourse that relates the photographer to his work. The author is identified by making use of a particular technique, or to portray a subject that becomes common in a good part of his works or by the composition or format he uses on a recurring basis.
Creation of the speech (Statement)
The main tool or means of communication available to the artist to address his audience, is the statement or artistic statement. Photographers use it when they deliver their portfolios to competitions, galleries, museums or their exhibitions and can also use it in their web pages, social networks and, in general, to present their works.
Through this statement, the photographer expresses his creative intentions, stating that he creates, as he creates and creates it. The preparation of this document implies a deep reflection of the artist to discover himself and show himself in the most open, clear, concise and consistent way possible. Through the statement, the artist connects his speech with his audience.
Personal branding (Communication plan - SEO)
In this subject, the student learns to identify and promote himself as a personal brand. It will carry out a specific plan of digital communication and marketing and will learn to follow positioning strategies in browsers.
History of contemporary photography
Study of the history of photography from the 90s of the 20th century to the present day.
Since the beginning of the 21st century, the development of chemical processes has given way to digital development. The photographer and current artist, must know thoroughly the workflow in the digital environment, so that this will be one of the most important instrument that will be used to develop their creativity and originality and can help define their personal style.
- Review and deepening of layers, masks and forms of selection.
- Correction of images, different systems of separation of frequencies, cloning, loop and corrector brush. Structure of the image
- Correction of color and light. Curves, Dodge and Burn (D
- Use of plugins and doubles revealed. Review and deepening in the development of Rawsa.
- Modification of forms, clone, liquefy, deform, correct.
- Doubts and general review of all the techniques we have used.
Technique applied to photography
In order to take the master's degree in creative photography, the student must have a very in-depth photographic technique. However, it is necessary to delve into certain aspects that, due to their complexity or specificity, the student has not had the opportunity to know or develop. Knowing how to combine artificial lighting with natural light so that they are balanced is just one example of what the creative photographer should know how to apply.
3D applied to photography is also a field open to the exploration of the digital creative that requires a specific photographic technique, adapted to the medium to which it is intended.
- Study review, type of modifier, light measurement and contrast control.
- Exterior (off set). I work only with one light source and the ambient light as secondary. Integrated and invisible light.
- Sophisticated light, portraits with more than 3 sources of light, creating a feeling of artificiality with light.
- Schemes of light, beauty and character, differences and characteristics.
- Use of TTLS, HSS, multishots, with new lighting technologies. Doubts and general review.
- 3D applied to photography.
- Interactivity between photography and audiovisual environments.
- Storytelling mixed narration video photography (Storytelling is the art of telling a story, so that it generates emotions and establishes a union with a special meaning for the listener.)
The self-portrait is a very important technique for the discovery of oneself and for the analysis of the self-portraits of historically recognized photographers.
Through the study of light and the composition of photographs taken during the nineteenth and twentieth centuries, we try to find out the photographic technique used by photographers, according to the parameters of the time and practices are carried out that imitate the technique used in the past .
- Analysis of the image
- Technical deconstruction of an image
- Defense of an image in public
Through the detailed study of the way in which different plastic artists have elaborated their works throughout history, we will choose the tools that allow us to discover what are the technical aspects of their works - compositional schemes, use of color, light , textures ...- and how to integrate them in our creations.
- German expressionism
- Irving Penn, Avedon, Leibovitz
- Picasso, David Hockney
- Classicism and experimentation
This is a subject proposed as a space for work, reflection and meeting. In it the students generate, share, discuss and re-elaborate their personal projects, with the collaboration, criticism and support, both from teachers and from the rest of their classmates. It is the space where the projects and the personality of the student must be modified and molded to materialize in a work that becomes innovative, emotional and personal.
- The personal character
- Presentation of images
- Private and public defense of the photographic work
The diversity of techniques and specialties integrated in the field of photography makes it necessary to complement the regular classroom, with workshops given by specialists who can show in a practical way, the working method they use in their respective environments.
Final work of master
The project or end-of-master project (PFM), as a subject that is part of the syllabus, is a work of individual synthesis, which takes place in the final section of the studies, under the supervision of a tutor and which is evaluated by a commission created for this purpose. The PFM must allow the student to show that he / she knows how to apply, in an integrated manner, the different contents in the study of a topic of his / her academic scope.
To access the Master in creative photography and obtain the degree, it is essential to have a previous training in image and be accredited with a bachelor's degree, diploma or university degree in the field.
People without a university degree but with professional experience, can take the master's degree and obtain a certificate of attendance.
Profiles of people without qualifications who can access the master's degree:
- People who have completed the Diploma of Specialization in photographic technique taught by the ERAM / FUdG
- People who have completed higher-level training cycles related to the image
- Professionals linked directly with photography
- Amateurs with demonstrable technical knowledge through portfolio
These people should conduct an interview with the director of the program, Diego Espada.
The price for the master's degree in creative photography is € 3500 .
The Escuela Universitaria ERAM and the University of Girona Foundation offer discounts for individuals and companies:
Discounts for individuals:
- Members of the entities AENTEG, GiDi and El Gallinero: 10% discount
- Student and former student EU ERAM (minimum of 40h): 20% discount
- Student and ex-student GAM or GAE: 40% discount
- Student and former student UdG: 10% discount
- Students and alumni of the FUdGIF, who have completed a Master's Degree, Postgraduate Diplomas or Diplomas of Specialization: 10% discount
- People with disabilities:
- For disabled people equal to or greater than 33%: 5% discount
- For disabled persons equal to or greater than 65%: 10% discount
- In both cases it is necessary to present a certificate from the Catalan Institute of Assistance and Social Services ICASS, or equivalent.
- Large families (you must present the accreditation card): 5% discount
- People who are unemployed (with a minimum of 6 months unemployed or who are currently receiving the unemployment benefit.) You must present the supporting document: 5% discount
Discounts for companies:
- Companies that carry out or have made custom training with the FUdGIF: 10% discount
- Companies that enroll workers within the same course (the same academic year)
- Two or three license plates: 10% discount
- From four license plates: 15% discount
Schedules and Dates
- Start: October 09, 2018
- End: June 27, 2019
Hours: Tuesday and Thursday from 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
About the School
The School ERAM was created to provide high quality education and answer market necessities by training new professional profiles in the New Media and Design field.