Signal and Image Processing (CORO SIP)
The Signal and Image Processing (SIP) program address the theory and the practice of advanced data analysis techniques, from computational statistics, applied mathematics, scientific computing, and numerical imaging, to their practical implementation in several fields such as biomedical engineering, imaging science, audio processing and information technology.
The key feature of the program is the design of mathematical solutions, for signal and image processing problems, accounting for the physical specificities of this data and adapting the numerical implementation of these solutions to the application context, the data amount and the available computational resources.
The program of study lasts two academic years - denoted by M1 and M2. Signal and Image Processing is one of five specialisms available within the Control and Robotics stream. Some of the M1 courses are taught across the five specialisms whereas the M2 courses are specialism-specific.
The language of instruction is English across the two years.
Course Content - M1
|M1 - Autumn Semester Courses||ECTS||M1 - Spring Semester Courses||ECTS|
|Signal Processing||5||Group Project||6|
|Classical Linear Control||5||Optimization Techniques||4|
|Artificial Intelligence||4||Mobile Robots||4|
|Embedded Electronics||4||Programming Real-Time Systems||4|
|Systems Identification and Signal Filtering||4||Computer Vision||4|
|Embedded Computing||4||Spectral and Time-Frequency Analysis||4|
|Modern Languages||4||Modern Languages||4|
Course Content - M2
30 ECTS Credits per semester.
Language of instruction: English
|Autumn Semester Courses||ECTS||Spring Semester||ECTS|
|Statistical signal processing and estimation theory||4||Master Thesis or Industrial internship||30|
|Digital signal and image representations||4|
|Machine learning, data analysis, and information retrieval||4|
|Signal and image restoration, inversion methods||4|
|Mathematical tools for signal and image processing||4|
|Biomedical signals, images, and methods||4|
|Modern Languages *||4|
NB Course content may be subject to minor changes
Examples of previous internships in Medicine:
- Analysis of Electromyographic signals for neuromuscular disease characterization.
- Reconstruction of Positron Emission Tomography images in the context of low statistics.
- Resolution enhancement in Magnetic Resonance Imaging for cardiovascular diagnosis.
Examples of previous internships in the industry:
- Optimization of a tire pressure monitoring system in an automotive vehicle.
- Fast imaging algorithm for structured illumination microscopy.
Examples of previous internships in research labs:
- Numerical optimization for sparse ultrasound signal recovery.
- Analysis and classification of environmental sounds using deep learning methods.
- NB Course content may be subject to minor changes.
- Establish a relevant statistical model for data representation and analysis.
- Propose a methodological solution and its numerical implementation suited to the application context.
- Acquire a solid background in real-life applications of signal and image processing in research and innovation.
In addition to the above specialism-specific skills, students will also develop more general skills:
- Identify models, perform simulations and analyze results.
- Undertake a literature survey of existing works on a scientific problem.
- Communicate comprehensive results in a meaningful way.
- Manage and supervise research and innovation projects.
Prospects for employment or further study
- Sectors: health, communication, technology, transportation.
- Fields: biomedical engineering, industrial imaging, audio engineering, computer science, Applied mathematics, research, and innovation.
- Positions: data analyst, research scientist, process engineer, design engineer, research and innovation engineer (post Ph.D.)
Faculty and Research Facilities
This Master relies on Centrale Nantes’ faculty and the research facilities of the LS2N Laboratory.
Total, Renault, Nantes University Hospital (CHU).
About the School
Founded in 1919, Centrale Nantes (ECN) is among the top higher education and research institutions in France in Science & Engineering. Its purpose is to develop top-level scientists & engineer ... Read More