MASTER IN CONTEMPORARY ART MARKETS
Our ‘Learning by Doing’ approach combines traditional visual disciplines with new digital technologies and synthesizes individual study with group project work. We establish numerous collaborations and projects with Italian and international companies and institutions to give students hands-on work opportunities to develop their critical thinking, conceptual problem solving, and practical artistic and design skills.
- To study in Milan, recognized as the world’s capital of fashion, arts, and design.
- To collaborate with over 1,000 companies, working on real-world projects and complementing your studies with unique internship opportunities.
- To obtain a multidisciplinary and multi-cultural learning experience, with a focus on direct experimentation.
- To learn from an outstanding faculty of inspiring industry professionals and mentors.
- To attend cutting-edge programs held both in Italian and English, that will give you an internationally recognized degree.
- To study in an award-winning academy, selected by leading publications such as Frame Publishers, Domus Magazine, and Business of Fashion, as one of the world's top schools for art and design.
The Master in Contemporary Art Markets is an intensive study path directed at providing students with effective tools to interpret art market structures and dynamics, with a particular focus on contemporary artistic languages. The Master in Contemporary Art Markets provides students with the opportunity to come into direct contact with established industry professionals and to collaborate with internationally acclaimed art galleries, auction houses, art fairs, institutions, collections and art centers.
The educational path comprises two cycles: the first is dedicated to classroom activities and thematic workshops allowing students to apply notions learned. Visits to galleries, fairs, foundations, and museums are also part of the program. The second cycle focuses on internships, enabling students to experience different market areas first-hand. During this cycle, students also prepare their final projects and attend a three-day study trip to Basel in June during the ArtBasel art fair, the sector's most important annual event.
- ART MARKET LEGISLATION
- HISTORY OF CONTEMPORARY ART
- ART MANAGEMENT
- ART MARKET AND ECONOMY
- MUSEOLOGY AND HISTORY OF COLLECTING
- COMMUNICATION AND VALORIZATION OF COLLECTIONS
When Students graduate from NABA, they receive a degree that is recognized around the world and in Europe that is accredited by the Italian Ministry of Education, Universities, and Research (MIUR).
Students will learn from international and recognized professionals who work with leading brands and studios around the world.
- The course leader of the Master in Contemporary Art Markets is Silvia Simoncelli.
The annual NABA Placement certified survey aimed to investigate alumni occupational position after graduation. 89% of NABA students find a job one year upon graduation.
The Master in Contemporary Art Markets aims to train professionals capable of fulfilling a wide range of roles in the modern and contemporary art sector: project managers for galleries, museums and foundations, specialists and administrators at auction houses, art advisors, art dealers, private and corporate collections curators, managers of artists foundations and archives, communication managers and journalists, consultants for legal and financial art services.
The Master in Contemporary Art Markets cooperates with:
Open Care, FM Centre for Contemporary Art (FMCCA), UniCredit, Miart, Sotheby’s, Fondazione Trussardi, Galleria Massimo De Carlo, Galleria Zero, Collezione Iannaccone Milano, BeArt, Edicola Radezky and Exibart.
Cost and Fees
EU countries and Switzerland: €12.950
Non-EU students: €16.250
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 16, 2017