Through the one-year Master in Consultancy and Entrepreneurship, you will achieve a deep understanding of enterprises and learn how to effectively advise clients or lead your own business.
Fundamentally a management consultant is someone who helps organizations to improve their performance and increase their success. Systematically diagnosing, analyzing, changing, transforming, communicating, and convincing are essential skills for every management consultant. In order to obtain optimal results, it is also necessary to deeply understand the client in their business environment while clarifying the parameters of the consultant/client relationship and providing a structure that avoids common pitfalls and produces concrete results. The entrepreneur, fundamentally, is somebody who takes initiative in setting up or leading a business. The alertness of the entrepreneur leads them to recognize opportunities waiting to be seized. They use their sharp business acumen and understanding of business dynamics to tackle risks and come to "win-win" solutions.
Rotterdam Business School's Master programs are built on three pillars:
- Education consists of a core, specialization, and elective modules. You can to a large extent determine your own course while developing all the necessary knowledge, skills, and competencies of a professional in international business.
- Research is the focus of the final stage of our programs. You will complete your studies with a thesis research project, which can revolve around a theoretical subject or a project executed for an existing organization.
- Personal development is encouraged through a system that invites you to set your own particular study goals - and continually test those choices.
The curriculum of the Master's program consists of core modules, specialization modules, and elective modules. This design was adopted to create a combination of knowledge, skills, and competencies that all professionals in the business field must-have.
The first three blocks of the study program start with a combination of core modules and specialization modules. The core modules, which focus on management and research, provide the solid foundation of the Master's Degree. The core modules are Organisational Behaviour, Organisational Architecture, Business Ethics and Politics, Management of Technology, Critical thinking and Argument Analysis, and Research Methodology. The specialization modules focus on key topics in the specialization.
After your study program
After your graduation
Congratulations! You just finished your Master in Consultancy and Entrepreneurship and will receive the title Master of Science (MSc).
This program is fully accredited by 60 credits in the ECTS System Accreditation (European Credit Transfer System) accredited by the Accreditation Organisation of the Netherlands and Flanders (NVAO).
With your degree, you will receive a supplement, a DS-label. With this document, you can show the value of your degree abroad when applying for other study programs or when applying for a job.
Master in Consultancy and Entrepreneurship Graduates perform successfully as management consultant or entrepreneur:
You are able to help organizations improve their performance and increase their success. You deeply understand the client in their business environment and are capable of managing change processes and facilitating strategy building and evaluation.
You will take initiative in setting up or leading a business. You are able to transform ambitious but realistic strategies and long-term goals to the operational core. The alertness of the entrepreneur leads to recognizing opportunities waiting to be seized.
To enter the Master programs of Rotterdam Business School you must meet the following requirements:
Students with a Bachelor degree from an accredited university in the Benelux
- A business-related Bachelor's Degree.
- Curriculum Vitae and motivation letter.
- An applicant with a non-business related bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years of related work experience, with an additional mandatory interview, can qualify for direct entry into one of the Master's Programmes.
Students with a foreign diploma
- A business-related Bachelor's Degree.
- IELTS Academic 6.5* / TOEFL iBT 90 / Cambridge CAE: Grade C scale 180-184 | FCE: Grade B scale 176-179 | Grade A scale 180-184. (Exam results can’t be older than two years at the start of the study program)
- Curriculum Vitae and, motivation letter.
- An applicant with a non-business related bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years related work experience with an additional mandatory interview can qualify for direct entry into one of the Master's Programmes.
*No more than 2 IELTS sub-scores may be a maximum of 0.5 points below the required overall score.
For students who do not meet the sub-score requirements can qualify for an additional interview to receive entry into the program of their choice.
Exemptions English test
Students who have followed a Bachelor Programme taught in English are exempt from the English test.
For students who do not meet these requirements, we offer the Master's Foundation Programme. After completion of this program, you can then enroll for one of our business masters.
About the School
Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences has more than 36,000 students and more than 3,500 employees. There are a wide variety of programs to choose from across all educational sectors, with the excep ... Read More