The objects of professional activity of the graduates of the program Construction Technologies and Construction Mechanics are design, construction, operation, monitoring and reconstruction of buildings and structures; engineer-ing support and equipment of construction sites and urban areas, as well as transport infrastructure; engineering sur-veys for construction; development of machinery, equipment and technologies necessary for the construction and production of building materials, products and structures; conducting research and educational activities.
Graduates of the master’s program Construction Technologies and Construction Mechanics can do the following tasks as a part of his/hers professional activities:
- Innovation, survey ,design and preliminary-estimation activities: collection, systematization and analysis of source data for the purposes of design and monitoring of buildings, structures and complexes, engineering systems and equipment, planning and development of populated areas; feasibility study and making design decisions, coordina-tion of work on parts of the project, design of parts and structures; development and verification of methods, soft-ware and computing tools for the design justification and monitoring of the object of the project, calculation sup-port of design and working documentation, including the use of universal and specialized software and computing systems and computer-aided design systems, finalization of documents for the completed project; development of innovative materials, technologies, structures and systems, calculation methods, including the use of scientific achievements; monitoring conformity of the developed projects and technical documentation to the given assign-ment, standards, building codes and regulations, technical conditions and other executive documents; supervision of the project implementation;
- Production and technological activities: organization and improvement of the production process at an enterprise or a site, monitoring compliance to technological discipline, maintenance of technological equipment and machines; perfection and development of new technological processes of building production, production of building materi-als, products and structures, manufacturing of machines and equipment; development and improvement of quality control methods for construction, manufactured products, machinery and equipment, organization of metrological support of technological processes; development of documentation and organization of work on the quality man-agement of technological processes at the enterprise and production sites; development and organization of envi-ronmental safety measures, control over their observance; organization of adjustment, testing and commissioning of facilities, samples of new and modernized products manufactured by the company; drafting instructions for operat-ing the equipment and checking the technical condition and residual life of construction projects and equipment, developing technical documentation for repairs;
- Research and teaching activities: the study and analysis of scientific and technical information, domestic and for-eign experience on the field of activity; formulation of scientific and technical problems, the choice of methodolog-ical methods and means of their solution, preparation of data for writing reviews, reports, scientific and other publi-cations; computer simulation of the behavior of structures, selection of adequate calculation models of the objects under study, analysis of the capabilities of software and computing systems for calculating and designing struc-tures, development, verification and software implementation of methods for calculating and monitoring building structures; staging and conducting experiments, metrological support, collecting, processing and analyzing results, identifying theory and experiment; development and use of databases and information technologies for solving sci-entific, technical and technical-economic problems in the field of activity; presentation of the results of the work performed, organization of the implementation of research results and practical developments; development of lec-ture notes and practical lessons on the disciplines of secondary vocational and higher education; conducting class-room studies, management of course-based design, training and production practices of students;
- Project management activities: preparation of baseline data, conducting a feasibility study, justification and selec-tion of scientific, technical and organizational decisions for the implementation of the project; planning of work and payroll budget of an enterprise or site staff; development and execution of technical documentation (schedules, in-structions, plans, estimates, applications for materials, equipment), as well as writing reports in accordance with ap-proved forms; standardization and preparation for certification of hardware, systems, processes, equipment and ma-terials; development of documentation and implementation of the enterprise quality management system; carrying out an analysis of the costs and results of operations of production units, organization of safe methods and monitor-ing work processes at the enterprise, organization of staff development and certification of personnel;
- Professional assessment and regulatory and methodological activities: conducting technical assessment of con-struction projects; assessment of the technical condition of buildings, structures, their parts and engineering equip-ment, development of expert opinions; development of design assignments, technical conditions, enterprise stand-ards, instructions and guidelines for the use of tools, technologies and equipment.
About the School
South Ural State University is the center for educational, scientific, cultural and athletic activities in the city Chelyabinsk and the region.