BENEFITS OF THE PROGRAMME
The uniqueness of the programme:
- An orientation semester to enhance students’ theoretical and practical skills in preparation for further training.
- Research-oriented teaching and learning. The course is mostly project — based including research projects conducted at the SPbU Research Park which, in due course, will allow international professionals to use SPbU resource centres.
- A course of Russian as a Foreign Language to facilitate the integration of international students and enhance future partnership with graduates’ prospective employers.
- Mathematical Physics
- Chemical Physics
- Theoretical Physics
- Experimental Physics
- Numerical Methods and Programming
- Russian as a Foreign Language
- Condensed Matter Physics
- Modelling in Condensed Matter Physics
- Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy: Basic and Advanced Levels
- Optical Spectroscopy of Surfaces and Interfaces
- Electrical and Photovoltaic Properties of Semiconductors
- Conducting fundamental and experimental scientific research in the field of condensed matter physics; solving applied problems in accordance with the study profile
- Knowledge of the main physical techniques used in medical diagnostics
- Ability to use modern methods of analysis, presentation and transfer of information, readiness to use application packages
- Working knowledge of methods used for planning and carrying out research and experiments; implementing projects and accomplishing tasks in the chosen subject area
- Ability to develop, explore and apply mathematical and physical models for qualitative and quantitative description of phenomena and processes and/or the development of new technological tools
Graduates embark on a career in research and production enterprises conducting R&D in the chosen professional niche. Graduates can enter academic or engineering careers or progress to postgraduate study. They can find employment as MRI operators or engineers.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated May 16, 2018