The purpose of the Computer Science educational program is to prepare high-qualified specialists for IT industry, ready to solve following professional problems:
- designing, developing and maintaining modern information systems and computer networks;
- performing intellectual data analysis, signal processing and machine learning;
- enabling security options for computer systems, networks and digital platforms;
- implementing effective platforms for computing, web applications and e-commerce;
- creating and developing software and hardware projects for financial and industrial enterprises.
Computer science program integrates contemporary digital technologies, including software and hardware design, blockchain technology, computer security and cryptography, deep learning and data mining techniques. Great attention is paid to multiple processes and applications interaction viacomputer networks, including network design and security options, web interfaces and mobile programming, virtual and augmented reality technologies.
The program contains elective courses which allow to choose proper education trajectory, majoring in hardware or software design, accenting at theory and technologies of the artificial intelligence or practical aspects of the information systems development. All the core and elective courses are up-to-date and are checked to comply with the frontiers of corresponding IT researches.
Courses include examples of the state of art technologies and perspective researches held in MPEI or in the leading IT corporations. All the courses are supported by contemporary laboratory equipment and professional software. It is assumed that students are to be individually consulted by tutors, having their own research programs related to the selected objective.
The student may specialize in “pure” IT or in digital technologies implementation in power engineering, electrical engineering, and electronics, telecommunications, finance, and business.
Graduates of the program will be able to lead the software, hardware or network developing projects in different professional areas, perform system integration for complex information systems, participate high-level research teams at universities and IT corporations.
First year, Fall Semester
- Russian language
- Digital technologies of the information processing
- Digital information security technologies
- Multitasking operating systems
- Machine arithmetic in rational numbers
- Digital systems design (part 1, Digital circuitsandMicrocomputers)
First year, Spring Semester
- Software development technologies
- Big data processing technology
- Introduction into blockchain
- Digital systems design (part 2, Modern methodology of digital systems design)
- Distributed Systems of Virtual and Augmented reality
- Intellectual systems
Second year, Fall Semester
- System integration
- WEB-applications architecture
- Network technologies
- Mobile programming
- Digital signal processors
- Computer program analysis
- Digital systems design (part 3, Circuits and PCB design)
Second year, Spring Semester
- Pre-graduation practice
- Master Thesis
During all period
- R & D practice
Example subjects to work on:
- Development of a system of biometric identification
- Development of a CNN-based system for face/emotions recognition
- Development of an intellectual search engine for a specific digital platform
- Development of a hybrid multiprocessor unit for video processing
- Development of a multirate data compression system
- Development of a mobile AR-enabled application for smart repair system
- Each student can select a domain of his own interest. Courses are supported by organizations and companies, that have a great experience in software and hardware engineering, data and signal processing, digital security (Department of computers, systems and networks of MPEI, Security code LLC., TrustedAccessTech LLC., Avicon tech. LLC)
Our graduates are welcomed by leading Russian and international IT and telecommunication companies (Intel, IBM, Samsung, Huawei, Microsoft, Yandex, Cisco, Lucent-Alcatel), large industrial (Siemens, ABB, Shnider Electric, Rosseti, Almaz) and financial (HSBC, Sberbank, Sistema) corporations.
About the School
Moscow Power Engineering Institute (MPEI) is one of the main technical universities in Russia in the field of Power Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Radio Engineering and Electronics, Informatics ... Read More