The programme relies on a close collaboration between Deusto Business School and Orkestra- Basque Institute of Competitiveness, one of the leading authorities on understanding and promoting territorial competitiveness.
The programme aims to develop the knowledge and capabilities necessary to identify and analyse the key factors driving competitiveness and innovation at the organisational and territorial levels. It will promote an understanding of the key relationships between these levels of analysis that will support effective decision making amidst the complexity of real-world innovation and competitiveness.
Basic common training: Semester 1 (September-January)
a) Competitiveness and innovation: theoretical foundations
- Competitiveness and innovation theories
- Territorial competitiveness and innovation systems
- Business competitiveness and innovation management
Candidates may choose one of these itineraries: Semester 2 (February-June)
c.1) Strategic Projects in Competitiveness and Innovation: Professional itinerary
- Change and innovation management
- Value creation
- Master’s Final Thesis
- Theories and scientific bases focused on competitiveness and innovation research
- Research methods, and skills on academic research communication
- Master’s Final Thesis
Total: 60 ECTS
- Degree in Business Management or a related discipline that contains a significant focus on business/management subjects
- If applicants have a degree in an unrelated discipline, professional experience with strategic projects in the fields of competitiveness and administration may be considered as relevant, but entry will be conditional on passing an entrance exam.
- Candidates who are in the final year of their undergraduate studies may also apply, although the definitive offer of a place on the programme will be conditional on the successful completion of their studies.
The following accreditations may be submitted:
- Certificate in Advanced English – CAE
- BEC Higher
- TOEFL (above 80 points)
- IELTS (above 6.5 points)
Failing such accreditations, candidates also have the possibility to take an internal level test organised by the Language Institute of Deusto University, or to take and pass the Institute’s C1 level English course.
Candidates are not required to have prior professional experience, although if they have, it will be considered an asset.
Graduates of this Master’s degree will develop their full potential and achieve the highest goals in:
- Strategic consulting.
- Innovation consulting.
- Research and Technology organizations.
- Advisory and development services for public institutions.
- Public administration (national, regional, local) and institutions, in areas related to the design of public policies, economic development and innovation.
- Regional development agencies, cluster associations and other related institutions.
- Innovation or R&D departments of institutions or companies.
- General management of companies.
- Associations, foundations, institutes, etc requiring a strategic projects manager.
- University departments and research centres.
The Deusto Business School Career Services Department aims to foster contact with business and equip participants in the official Master’s programmes with tools to improve their employability.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 23, 2017