Official Program Description
SECOND LEVEL ACADEMIC TITLE IN COMPANY ADMINISTRATION AND MANAGEMENT
University of Parma, Italy
(LM -77 Degree courses in the Sciences, Economics and Business)
1) Pamukkale University (Turkey): II level degree “Accounting and Finance”
2) Grenoble École de Management (France): “MSc in Management”
140 of which:
- n. 124 for EU citizens and EU-equated citizens;
- n. 4 for non EU citizens;
- n. 2 for Chinese citizens (“Marco Polo” contingent).
To access, the curricular requirements are related to the basic content of the degree courses in Economics and Management or Business Administration. The access at this degree course also requires specific knowledge of issues relating to Business Administration and Management. In particular, graduated students in Economics and Management or Business Administration must have at least 15 ECTS in academic disciplines of Business Administration and Management.
The access is also open to graduated students in other degree courses, if they have acquired at least:
- 15 credits in Business Administration and Management;
- 10 credits in one or more of the following academic disciplines: Economics; Economic Policy; Public Economics; Applied Economics; Economic History;
- 10 credits in one or more of the following academic disciplines: Statistics, Economic Statistics, Mathematical Methods of Economy, Finance and Actuarial Sciences;
- 10 credits in one or more of the following academic disciplines: Private Law, Business Law.
Admission to the Degree Course in Company administration and management is regulated by an admission test. Potential applicants will take the test only if they have the above mentioned requirements. Admission procedures, terms and deadlines are published on the following website: http://www.dipartimentoeconomia.unipr.it/it/offerta-formativa.
Key learning outcomes:
The programme mainly focuses on disciplines belonging to the area of Business Administration. Such disciplines are integrated with statistic knowledge to identify and elaborate data used in the business decisional processes, an economic background concerning problem-solving issues and business history. The programme also includes juridical knowledge on commercial, bankruptcy and tax law.
More in depth, thanks to the competences acquired in the degree course, graduated students will obtain advanced expertise on:
- corporate governance and auditing;
- financial accounting, financial reporting and determination of the taxable income of a company;
- group-structured companies and elaboration of consolidated financial reporting;
- management and control activities in companies in the public sector;
- management and cost accounting;
- economic-financial evaluation of the extraordinary operations with an accounting, fiscal and civil point of view;
- analysis of the financial reporting of the firms in the public and private;
- companies evaluation according to the established practices and analysis of their financial structure;
- economic, financial and tax consulting to institutions, companies and private individuals at a national and international level;
- worker as official receivers and liquidators and commercial and bankruptcy consultant,
- compliance assessment;
- internal auditing processes and evaluation on the effectiveness of internal administration procedures (risk assessment);
- economic-financial communication procedures concerning capital markets, through the function of investor relator.
Students will acquire and enhance the above mentioned competences through traditional lectures integrated with innovative teaching methods: workshops, research groups, discussion of business cases , thesis, seminars and contributions from experts from the professional economic and business world.
Denomination - ECTS - Year
- Advanced management accounting 6 - 1
- Companies financial analysis 9 - 1
- Business statistics and data analysis 6 - 1
- Management control in companies in public sector 9 - 1
- International accounting 9 - 1
- Industrial districts and business networks 8 - 1
- Tax law and international taxation 8 - 1
- Corporate governance and auditing 12 - 2
- Advanced financial accounting 9 - 2
- Commercial law (advanced course) 11 - 2
- Business history 8 - 2
- Business English 3 - 1
- Optional activities (es.: exam, laboratories, stages) 8
- Final thesis 14
The Second Level Degree Course in "Business Administration" aims tot produce professions which will be able to:
- use the necessary methodologies knowledge and skills for roles of responsibility in business management and administration (corporate governance and management control);
- apply specific tools for research activities concerning the decision process implemented by the company;
- apply different accounting standards;
- study manufacturing firms, ,mainly focus on different types of business groups;
- analyse the business context through an interdisciplinary approach;
- deal with laws regulating companies, especially as regards the juridical aspects of extraordinary operations and of executive procedures;
- apply knowhow regarding tax law and international tax systems in international market operations.
In particular, graduated students could find a job as directors, accountants, legal-economic consultants, auditors, internal auditors, investor relators .
If you need more information or have any questions, please fill in this form. It takes approximately 45 seconds to be completed.
DEGREE COURSE WITH ADMISSION TEST AT LOCAL SCALE
- Places available: 130, of which 6 for non EU citizens, including 2 reserved for Chinese citizens
- No pre enrolment request will be accepted
- 75 PLACES of which 4 for non EU citizens, including 2 reserved for Chinese citizens
- 63 PLACES of which 6 for non EU citizens, including 2 reserved for Chinese citizens
Classification: LM -77 degree courses in the sciences, economics and business.
Learning activities The year (58 credits)
- Tax Law and elements of international taxation (8 cfu)
- Industrial districts and business networks (8 cfu)
- Financial management of enterprises (9 cfu)
- Programming, control and budget in public companies (9 credits)
- International Accounting (9 cfu)
- Programming systems and management control (6 cfu)
- Business Statistics and data analysis (6 credits)
Learning activities II year (62 credits)
- Commercial Law (advanced course) (11 credits)
- systems of governance and auditing (12 credits)
- History of businesses (8 cfu)
- Themes special budget (9 cfu)
- English (suitability B1 +) (3 cfu) | From supporting mandatory before the exams of the second year
- Optional activities (8 cfu)
- Thesis (14 credits)
To access you must:
- meet certain academic requirements.
- pass an admission test for the assessment of individual preparation, which assigns the ranking position. Bando and ranking (when available) can be downloaded right (links and downloads).
The curricular requirements required for access correspond to basic content of degree courses in class L-18 (ex 270/04) or 17 (ex 509/99). It also requires specific knowledge of issues relating to the sector SECS-P / 07.
In particular: graduates from class 17 (previously 509/99) or L-18 (ex 270/04) requires at least 20 credits in the SECS-P / 07.
Access is also open to graduates in other classes, provided they have acquired at least:
- 20 credits in the SECS-P / 07;
- 10 credits in one or more of the following sectors: SECS-P / 01 , SECS-P / 02, SECS-P / 03, SECS-P / 06, SECS-P / 12;
- 10 credits in one or more of the following sectors: SECS-S / 01, SECS-S / 03, SECS- S / 06;
- 10 credits in one or more of the following areas: IUS / 01 IUS / 04.
Who should undertake curricular supplements may do so before the graduation of three-year degree, claiming the tests corresponding to debts. Students enrolled in a three-year Bachelor of Economics in Parma can do it as part of Activity-choice exams or supporting additional to the 180 credits required for the degree of Bachelor degree. Anyone who is not enrolled in a three-year Bachelor of Economics in Parma, can make curricular supplements at another location or subscribing to individual examinations.
In any case, the curricular additions must be made prior to the assessment of individual preparation.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated May 12, 2017