- Requirements: Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent)
- Duration: 2 years (4 semesters)
- Teaching language: English
- Form of studies: Full time
The Master in Communication Networks is a two years study programme taught in English, which provides the knowledge and skills required to understand and deal with the challenges faced by designers of next-generation communication networks, as well as to undertake applied projects, or do research in this area.
The courses, laboratories and seminars treat modern technologies and challenges in the field of communication networks. Students acquire competencies in analysing and integrating into an innovative way complex information regarding communication networks and connected fields, abilities in sharing ideas, in problem-solving and project development, as well as in interdisciplinary research.
- Antennas and Wave Propagation
- Advanced Topics in Signal Processing
- Selected Topics in Communication Engineering
- Elective 1 (choose 1 course out of 3 options): Modern Programming Techniques, PCBA Design and Manufacturing, or Mathematical Morphology
- Pattern Recognition
- Networks Modelling
- Video Networks
- Elective 2 (choose 1 course out of 2 options): Network Planning, or Computer Networks Administration
- Mobile Communication Networks
- Optical Communication Systems and Networks
- Elective 3 (choose 1 course out of 2 options): Resource Management in Wireless Networks, or Broadband Communication Networks
- Elective 4 (choose 1 course out of 2 options): Advanced Multimedia Technologies, or Spectral Analysis and Estimation
- Practical Training/Research
- Master Thesis Elaboration
Tuition fees, scholarships and deadlines
- Citizens of the European Union, EEA (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway) and the Swiss Confederation: 3900 RON (approx. 850 EUR)/ academic year
- Citizens of all other countries: 2430 EUR/ academic year
A list of scholarship programmes for prospective and current students is available on request.
- Citizens of the European Union, EEA (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway) and the Swiss Confederation: first round of registrations between July 3rd and July 21st, 2017, second round between September 11th and 13th 2017.
- Citizens of other countries: application deadline on July 30th
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 19, 2018