The Master will allow you to acquire the knowledge of visual merchandising to design spaces, from research and design to strategy.
ELISAVA Barcelona School of Design and Engineering","author_url":"","source":"©ELISAVA Barcelona School of Design and Engineering"}" />
- Qualification: Master in Commercial Space Design: Retail Design, own title issued by the Pompeu Fabra University (UPF)
- Direction: Carmen Malvar
- ECTS credits: 60
- Duration: October 2020 to July 2021; February 2021 to February 2022; Spanish : Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 17: 00-21.15; English : Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 10: 00-14.15.
- Price: Spanish Edition . October 2020: € 10,450 (+ € 450 pre-registration)
- Language: English Edition: High English; Spanish Edition: High Spanish and Middle English
- Access and admission requirements: Official university degree or equivalent to Architecture or Interior Design. Basic knowledge of 2D and 3D representing spaces.
What should be taken into account when creating own spaces for brands? In the Master in Design of Commercial Space: Retail Design you will learn how to apply design to a commercial space.
The Master in Commercial Space Design: Retail Design is intended for professionals who want to acquire a complete knowledge in the field of commercial design: from small-scale design and new formats to large-scale design, from boutiques to large multinational brands We will learn how differences are applied in each scenario, working directly with real company brands and briefings.
The invited companies are, among others, Antonio Miro, World Duty Free, IKEA, SONY, Swarovski, Vitra, Tous, MUJI and Nike.
Most areas of the Master deal with both theoretical and practical cases, these will have special importance in the analysis and study of trends and innovation in the market and society in order to achieve maximum detail in the design of a commercial space (new formats, space, communication, circulation, exposure, virtual, sensory and others). Art and analysis are the basis of any project, along with the concept and projection of the space. We work so that the students leave with the maximum preparation and ability to work with the most demanding companies on the market.
- Analyze the place that the world of retail occupies in the environment of the commercial strategy in all its scales.
- Deepening the types of retail, their different functions, how to deal with their demand, the place it occupies in their economic and social activity, and the challenges that this sector will face in the future.
- Show and analyze the design process for the development of a commercial space
- Know and apply social and market studies, learning to interpret and work with this information to obtain an optimal design.
- Creation of a complete project on the design of a large-scale commercial space with all the aspects that must be taken into account for a good final realization.
- Mastery of the conceptualization and creation of shop windows.
- Mastery of the strategic branding tools related to Retail.
- Knowledge of strategies, market plans and expansion models.
- Mastery of visual communication tools.
- Knowledge of Retail applied to virtual commerce.
- Mastery of the different trends in eco-lighting.
About the School
ELISAVA Barcelona School of Design and Engineering is a university center founded in 1961 and it is the oldest school of design in Spain. ELISAVA is among the 100 best schools of design and architectu ... Read More