Master in Cognitive Science and Artificial Intelligence
The Master's track in Cognitive Science and Artificial Intelligence provides you with a deep understanding of human cognition and communication, as well as the creative and technical skills to apply this knowledge in Artificial Intelligence solutions and applications.
Become an expert in the application of Artificial Intelligence in human cognition and communication
Are you interested in applications of Artificial Intelligence in communication techniques? Are you triggered by the question of how human reasoning can be represented in computer systems? Would you like to work for a company like Google or Philips? Then our interdisciplinary Master’s track Cognitive Science and Artificial Intelligence is your right choice!
The CSAI program draws on breakthrough discoveries and insights in the two closely related scientific disciplines Cognitive Science and Artificial Intelligence. Cognitive Science is the study of human reasoning, emotions, language, perception, attention, and memory. Artificial Intelligence is the study and design of computers and software that are capable of intelligent behavior.
Why Cognitive Science and Artificial Intelligence in Tilburg?
Study and design at the intersection of Artificial Intelligence software and human cognition and communication
- Gain a deep understanding of Artificial Intelligence: the study and design of computers and software that are capable of intelligent behavior - drawing inspiration and applications from cognitive science: the study of thought, learning and mental organization concerning different types of psychological processes; such as those involved in attention, decision making, language use, memory and perception.
- Develop in a field that is growing, driven by the fast datafication of our everyday lives and by the implementation of AI-based solutions in the context of online services, social media, and business communication.
Experience creative learning, employ cutting-edge techniques in the area of virtual and augmented reality and make use of data-driven methods like data mining
- In the DAF Technology Lab, you can employ virtual and augmented reality applications and gain experience in persuasive technology and sensing technology.
- Collaborate and elaborate on ideas and knowledge with fellow students, lecturers, artists and industrial partners during Creative Coding meetings.
- And make use of the most recent data-driven methods in digital content analysis, such as data mining, data visualization, and online data collection. Experience with these techniques helps you to create an attractive professional profile for the job market.
The Master's track Cognitive Science and Artificial Intelligence in short
Specialization of Communication and Information Sciences.
Start: End of August and end of January (as of August 2017).
Duration: 1 year (60 ECTS)
Title: Master of Science (MSc)
Best preparatory Bachelor's: Bachelor's in Communication Sciences.
Pre-Master's: Available in English.
- Intelligent Software Developer; Web Analyst;
- Social Media Analyst; Data Journalist;
- Social Robot Developer; Web Data Entrepreneur;
- E-Health and Healthcare Quality Analyst
Career prospects Cognitive Science and Artificial Intelligence
Profound knowledge of human cognition and communication and the creative and technical skills to develop artificial intelligence solutions
Organizations are very interested in graduates with both knowledge in the area of human cognition and communication, as well as the creative and innovative skills to design artificial intelligence solutions based upon it.
Work areas and career prospects
Graduates will be able to contribute to advancements in working fields like artificial intelligence and robotics, data science, data mining, knowledge technology and decision support systems.
Examples of jobs/positions:
- Intelligent Software Developer.
- Web Analyst.
- Social Media Analyst.
- Data Journalist.
- Social Robot Developer.
- Web Data Entrepreneur.
- E-Health and Healthcare Quality Analyst.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 14, 2017