The study program of the Master in Coaching is based on Johan Cruyff’s vision where coaching is more than the use of tactical and technical knowledge.
It is about managing yourself, the players & staff, the team and the environment. Each participant’s personal background is a base for further development and a better understanding of oneself as a coach and/or manager. The principle of coaching is that you then apply this insight knowledge to counseling others.
This program is interesting for those who are a coach or manager in sports, but it is also appropriate for (team) managers, staff members, leaders, counselors and HRM-consultants from the business sectors. For example, students came from, the Police department, an insurance company, an energy provider and a big congress center.
The classes of the Master in Coaching are delivered at the Johan Cruyff Institute Amsterdam, located next to the Olympic Stadium. The Olympic Stadium hosted the 1928 Olympic Games, providing a link between the history and future o the sport. This unique setting inspires our staff and students to excel in coaching.
OBJECTIVES AND CONTENT
The focus of the coaching program is on self-knowledge and self-development. You will gain insight into your strengths as a coach (that you’ll develop during the program), and those of athletes / employees, with the goal to understand them better in order to improve performance.
After completion of the program you will have developed your personal coaching style, and you’ll be able to put this style into practice. You will be able to present yourself effectively. You will know what is needed for individual and team success, and how you can manage this success.
After completion of the program you will have:
- Profound understanding of the principles of leadership, coaching and team dynamics.
- Profound understanding of a personal coaching style; Continuous reflection on behavior and actions.
- The ability to effectively handle team dynamics: building successful teams.
- The ability to execute professional coaching sessions (individual / team); Performance Coaching, helping others to reach their full potential in any area in their lives.
- The ability to coach in any situation: winning, loosing & under pressure.
- The ability to effectively handle the media; Professional communication skills.
This Master in Coaching is right for you if:
- You’re a sport coach who wishes to further develop your coaching skills to guide athletes to excel in sports and life.
- You have built up experience as a coach and you want to develop a professional career in the sports industry.
- You are a manager who wishes to further develop your coaching skills from a sport perspective.
- You are a manager who wants to develop a career in sport coaching.
Graduates are more aware of professional actions and how they can apply their coaching skills effectively in their job. They know how to excel as coaches, how they can maintain professional success and further develop their careers, and are able to further develop their personal coaching style.
To be admitted to the Master in Coaching, you´ll have to meet the following admission requirements:
- Minimum of three years of professional experience as a (sports) coach or manager / supervisor.
"After 18 years in professional sports, I studied the Master in Coaching. I saw it was a terrific opportunity to delve into the discipline of coaching instead of focusing on sport tactics, which is what you mainly do as a team athlete. The program also challenges you to look at yourself, focusing on personal growth and transferring your skills and knowledge to others. This is something that's very useful in my current work with the Police Department." Femke Dekker, Former Olympic Rower
“One of our main goals since the recent changes in our organization is to increase our coaching level. We aim to achieve this through this Master program and individual guidance of the coaches by experienced coaches. We are proud in working together and improving our prefessional skills and team performances through this prestigious program.” Merijn Zeeman, coach of a professional Cycling Team
This school offers programs in:
Last updated June 11, 2018